Question for Mommies of Rainbow Babies 11/08

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's talk about sleep today!!

How are your babies sleeping these days...

Sleeping through the night or not?
What time is the last feeding?
How does your LO fall asleep for the night?

Sleeping through the night or not? Jacob is pretty much sleeping through the night; he will normally sleep for 6 to 8 hours which for us is pretty darn good and boy that sleep is so nice..lol.
What time is the last feeding? I feed him last between 7:30 and 8:30 and he will normally sleep until sometime between 2:30 and 4:30.
How does your LO fall asleep for the night? Normally he will fall asleep nursing and I will just pop him off and put him in his bed. Sometimes he doesn't seem to want to go to sleep so I will just put him in his bed, turn his mobile on and he will lay there and talk to himself until he drifts off to sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to skip this one sine my Rainbow Babies are older but.... my 2yo has started waking up 1-2 times a night. She needs to outgrow this fast before we add a newborn.

Melissalaw- your son sounds like such a great baby!
melissalaw likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I don't even want to go there.

K is 14 months this week and doesn't sleep through the night. Far from it. He goes to bed at 8pm and generally doesn't sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time. I am at a loss as to what to do...I can't have him doing this and being up with a newborn as well. That ain't gonna fly. But I am too tired to even come up with a workable solution. (He doesn't really nurse down anymore, but does nurse before bed. He puts himself to sleep fine, just won't stay that way).
November 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm actually the one doing the waking since I'm trying to establish my milk supply. I wake him to feed every 3 hours.

November 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Reagan STTN, she is 3.5, has done so since about 5 weeks. We have an occasional night where she wakes up from a bad dream or if she is sick, but other than that, GREAT sleeper.

Addy, not so much! She is 4.5 months...She teased us for about 2 weeks and slept 6 to 8 hour stretches, which was awesome! The past few nights (minus Saturday when she did sleep for 6 hours straight) she has been waking up at least 2 times, once at 1 am and once at around 3:30/4 - I am thinking she keeps hitting growth spurts, but who knows! She usually takes her last bottle at around 7:30/8, falls asleep soon after that by either us rocking her or while she is eating. There have been a couple of times where she has taken a pacifier and fallen asleep in her crib that way, but that doesn't work every time. I need her to start STTN, getting up for work is next to impossible...YAWN!!

November 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not STTN. We nurse on demand all night while bedsharing. In a few weeks we will night wean and see if that helps her STTN. I doubt it will happen until her teeth all come in since she is working on her last 6 teeth all at once right now.

Night routine is brush teeth, get night diaper and pjs on, books and songs but then she usually fusses to nurse right away, so we turn out the light and turn on the fan and nurse and she conks out. Sometimes DH gets her down by himself just holding her and singing to her.

November 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor is not STTN. We had about a month where she was waking once or not at all overnight, but that has been out the window for a couple months. Her bedtime routine is nurse, read a book or two, sit on the potty, and get into PJs. Some nights daddy can get her to sleep with a sippy of water and some walking, other nights she wants to nurse down. Either way, the longest she ever sleeps any more is 4-5 hours. Some nights she is up every 2-3 hours, others every 4 hours, never any better than that. She usually sleeps from around 7 pm til 7 am. She is working on her first year molars, so I have a fantasy that she will STTN once they are through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search