35w u/s and not happy (LO is perfect though just stubborn)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
U/s was good to a point. She's measuring 6.5lbs and has plenty of fluid. I'm starting to shrink which is normal for me. Stinky part, she's transverse.

I had to wait 24 hours for OB appt since he was running extremely late after my u/s and I couldn't wait for my appt so I rescheduled it. He thinks she may or may not turn on her own. If not and I go into labor before 38w, it will automatically be a csection (first for me). At 38w, they will try to turn her and then immediately induced. Given my history, I'm doubtful I'll make 38w but no choice. He wrote in my chart for no internals or external "measuring" until 38w for fear of touching the uterus will cause contractions.

I did research last night and yes I'm not thrilled about flipping her but rather try that than csection. Thinking of calling Monday to see what his thoughts are on chiropractor. Even if it doesn't work, the local one specialty is the Webster technique, it may help with sciatic pain which is getting worse anyway.

Has anyone tried chiropractor for flipping?

November 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im glad your LO is doing great but im so sorry you might have a c section. I had an emergency c section with my first. It is hard to deal with but you get used to it. Either way you will do great and you will get to hold you LO.

I have no experience with chiropracters but it sounds like it could be worth a try. Please keep us updated.
November 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
The Webster technique worked for me!!

I don't think you were in here back then...but my second son flipped transverse-breech (he was diagonal, head up, bum on my hip) at 37 weeks. He was head-down at 36 weeks.

I was not a candidate for a manual version because of the blood clotting condition and also because he had an anterior placenta. I did some spinning babies stuff and saw the chiro once in two days (I laid upside down about 30 minutes a day total, I did hot low and cold high to encourage him to turn and I sat tailor style on the floor a lot).

He flipped and broke my water at 37+2. He was born vaginally without an epi.

I totally advocate the Webster technique. I noticed a difference that day and it was the next evening when baby flipped and was born.

Also, look into acupuncture. There is a particular thing you can do there as well. I had that scheduled on Monday, if he hadn't come on Friday.

FYI: Kieran is just as stubborn now as he was back then. Lol.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
November 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ashlee. I plan on giving it a try. I'm really not a fan of version and will try anything to avoid it. Already doing the spinning babies recommendations today.

November 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope baby turns for you. Keep doing the spinning babies and hopefully the chiro will work for you. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that baby turns.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search