I am so scared....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 08:01 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I got my BFP Wednesday... I am so scared and nerovus. My last loss was June and it was a missed miscarriage at nearly 11 weeks. Baby died at 8.5 weeks.

I have a scan on the 5th December when I will be around 7.5 weeks.. I am so scared..

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 10th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I am sending tons of sticky dust your way hun!!! I really really hope this is it for you! (((Hugs)))

November 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Its normal to feel really scared. I think 99.9% of the women in this room are pretty terrified for at least the first few weeks, some all the way though pregnancy and birth. Our experiences teach us to be more negative rather than positive.

But, fact of the matter, your statistics of the same thing happening again are quite low (even though it seems inevitable). I will hope and pray that this is your sticky baby and you get to bring home a bundle in July!

Congrats!
November 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It sucks to have to wait so long for those u/s appointments! I do my best to keep my mind off and stay busy so the time passes more quickly. Some believe it is important to stay positive but in my opinion, sometimes that's just not going to happen, and your mindset really doesn't make a difference either way as long as you continue to take your vitamins, eat pretty well and take care of yourself. If negative thoughts could hurt a baby, my DD would not be here!!!! I had no faith that that pregnancy would make it for the whole first tri up to 14+ weeks, but here she is, big and loud and making a mess everywhere.

Loads of sticky dust to you and congrats on your !!!!

November 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will keep you and the LO in my prayers. I know it is so hard not to worry, just try to think positive thoughts.
November 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys. Boobs started hurting a little today which has made me feel better so sore boobs, feel different and 2 days late with a blaring BFP.. I have a pregnancy signature. lol.

With my loss I had all this, from 5-6 weeks not 4-5 but it was there for 3 weeks after the D&C but the lovely symptoms just make it more real.

Thanks again for listening. x

November 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know exactly how you feel. The early weeks in a pregnancy are always so hard. I'm sending you tons of sticky dust. Please let us know how your scan goes. In the mean time we are here for you if you need us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 11th, 2012, 08:14 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of prayers for a beautiful h/b at your scan.....This part really does suck in the beginning, but enjoy seeing your little bean on the 5th, it will be well worth the wait!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's totally normal but just try to keep busy and take it minute by minute, hour by hour if you need to.

November 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your BFP!! All that waiting, especially in the first trimester, is SO hard. When you're feeling excited or scared, joyful or wrried, positive or negative, it's all normal. I wish you fast, peaceful days until your first scan.

November 12th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys.

I just hate that I have been on this journey of motherhood for 10 years and I feel I have always been in some type of limbo.

I got really happy earlier taking my 4week belly pic.. I am bloated to hell and back but its funny to watch the progression as the pregnancy hopefully progresses.

Then I realised I have no idea whats going to happen and got sad.

Thanks for listening ladies. x

November 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your story sounds a lot like mine last year! I lost my baby at almost 12 weeks, baby passed at about 8.5 weeks. I had a D&E, got pregnant soon after, Addy is a healthy, bouncing, squealing baby girl born at the end of June. I know exactly how you feel, I wanted to throw up every time I had an u/s, I got a doppler to help ease my worries, I used it EVERY night until I started feeling movement, once I was far enough along to do so. The weeks before that I was a nervous wreck, that is totally normal, it is something, unfortunately, that comes with the territory - motherhood always brings worry, from the time you get pregnant to when you have that baby, it's always something. I hate that we can't just enjoy the time, but symptoms starting are a very good sign! Just remember, there might be a day here and there where your symptoms might seem to have gone away, again, totally normal, as your hormones bounce around, you will have good days (those are the bad mental days) and days you will feel like crud (the good mental days), I hope the next couple of weeks fly by for you and you have a great u/s!!

Welcome to the board and congrats on the BFP!!!!! Sticky dust coming at you

November 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AND PAL is so hard! Lots of sticky dust coming your way!

Jan 2010 August 2011

November 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a blighted ovum FINALLY diagnosed at 9.5 weeks. I had my D&C the following week.

I will say that with this pregnancy I have been scared but I haven't let it consume me. I saw in the miscarriage (which I had never experienced before as I have 2 little girls) that what will be will be and beta draws and u/s can't change it. I also changed doctors (didn't like how my last doc took so long to diagnose after 3 wks of u/s showed nothing but a growing sac) and I found a new doctor that I interviewed before I confirmed pregnancy. He was great and told me very reassuring things. I did schedule my ultrasound a little earlier than normal at 7 weeks becuase he said by 6 weeks you see baby and know if something was wrong by then in his opinion.

I wish you the best of luck on your pregnancy and the upcoming ultrasound and I am sending tons of sticky dust your way!!!

~Kristin~
November 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
Huge hugs, Clare. I think you are always on edge after having a m/c. I had an early one in September, and I'm also terrified this time around. I am unsure of when I got pregnant, so at least I am getting betas done to see progression - it is so hard to wait for that first scan.

xoxoxo

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
November 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are in the right place.

I think it is hard to find comfort in anything after a missed m/c. I kept saying everything was fine because I wasn't bleeding or spotting and then boom, it was like a ton of bricks at 9 weeks.

Hang with us for a while, we all know how you feel.
November 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Mommy to Be
Congratulations, and if you are feeling how I am, you probably dont enjoy hearing that yet. I had a blighted ovum about a year and a half ago and it has taken me this long to get pregnant again. I am currently 8w5d, its been the scariest ride of my life. I am so afraid of going through the same thing again, I've been having brown discharge and random spotting when I use the bathroom but never heavy enough to even spot on my underwear, the first time it happened the doctors office took too long to return my call so I just went to the ER and at that point I was 5w6d I believe, It was such a huge relief to see something in the sac and then I saw the heartbeat and it was amazing. It happened another time and I went to the doctor and he sent me for another ultrasound, he said vaginal bleeding is sometimes normal in the first trimester, but it scares the hell out of me. I'm not comfortable with congratulations yet, and It's like I want to tell people but I am so scared. I dont even want to go to work because they told me to stay off my feet as much as possible and Im on my feet the entire time I am at work. This pregnancy is so scary and I wish I could be like other people like its just a breeze, oh im pregnant yay .... But it is scary. I've waited this long and I am scared out of my mind, my prenatal appt was tuesday but all they did was talk to me and take blood and urine, I had an exam at my confirmation appointment. My first trimester screening is on the 7th of december and I have the countdown widget on my phone so I know exactly how many days away it is and it is like it cant come fast enough. i wish I had my own ultrasound machine in my room just sound I could make sure everything is fine 24/7. Im not resisting any urges to go to the er or the doctor if i feel the need, im going. I hope all goes well for you, all you can do is pray all goes well and stay positive, i know thats what im trying to do <3 good luck

December 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Update

I'm 11 weeks. Yay I got to 11 weeks. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forum Runner
melissalaw, Belita and Dhartanya like this.

December 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay congrats!!!!

December 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Almost to your second trimester!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search