Thanksgiving?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So who is ready for Thanksgiving? Do you already have your plans set? What will will you be doing? What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving? What do you normally make on Thanksgiving?

I am so ready for Thanksgiving!! It is my favorite holiday. it's all about eating, spending time with loved ones and just being thankful for the all the blessings we have. We will spend Thanksgiving with my father's family and then on Friday we will take my mother out to eat. We will usually go to DH's family on Saturday for another Thanksgiving meal. My favorite thing to eat is the turkey and dressing with lots of gravy. I will usually make the green beans and carrots!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am also looking forward to Thanksgiving. Wishing that we could do both families, but only able to do one. This year, we are going to DH's aunt's house (where his entire family usually goes). Next year we will do my family. We will do some sort of dessert as a contribution probably, waiting for his aunt to get back to me about what we can contribute. My favorite thing is my grandmother's tomato casserole and her green beans, we won't be having those this year since we won't be with my family, but I also LOVE stuffing and turkey I really love leftover sandwiches...hoping they give us some leftovers!!

November 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will have it with my parents and uncle. It will be a smaller group than usual this year. But they are getting the same size turkey as usual... I think we will be making sandwiches for WEEKS.

I usually make some veggie sides and help my dad make gravy. Sometimes pumpkin pies. My parents have been doing it for decades so they have the entire menu and day-of cooking schedule down pat and I just do little things around the edges. They get kind of control-freaky about their "domains" so i try not to step on toes

My favorites are dark meat, gravy, stuffing that was actually in the turkey, sweet potato casserole, and cranberry relish (the fresh kind made from blended cranberries and an orange with a tiny bit of sugar). I really hope my morning sickness gives me a day off for Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the food!!!!

November 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad Sean was born in time for Thanksgiving! We're going to my parents and also have a smaller group than usual. We'll also visit DH's mom's family for a bit.

My favorites are stuffing, jellied canned cranberry sauce, and apple pie!

November 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so excited and ready for Thanksgiving. I love this holiday, it is my 2nd favorite next to Christmas. I always cook it at my house and I do the main things like the bird, dressing, and mashed potatoes. Then our families bring the sides and desserts. This year I am adding a fruit platter that is in the shape of a turkey and making my mashed potatoes a mashed potato martin bar.

I usually do Black Friday, but not this year. Stores are opening too early and I will need to sleep for a day to recover. This first trimester is kicking my butt!!

~Kristin~
November 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually do the whole meal and we have people come to our place. This year we told everyone that we won't be making any plans. We'll probably go to my mom's since she's here in town and have dinner there.

I love all of it! It's all comfort food to me... I make fresh rolls every year love to have tons of leftovers for sandwiches afterward.

November 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Were doing a friends thanksgiving on sunday and im kinda ready. On thanksgiving were going to my MIL house for 2 and then my aunts house for 6, long day.

I love cranberry sauce and good old fashion stuffing and green bean casserole.
November 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not planning on eating anything Turkey related. Too scare it will throw me into labor. My favorite leftover is open face turkey sandwiches. I buying a fresh turkey so I can freeze the leftovers for after she's born.

I do plan on hitting the stores at 8pm when they open. I'm thrilled we may be home by 2am..

November 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are having Thanksgiving day with just the 3 of us. I usually make a turkey and then we just do sides that we like (often asparagus and acorn squash). I also usually make pumpkin pie. We may have some family coming in over the weekend following... maybe we will do turkey pot pie or turkey noodle soup.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search