It's a.........

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So just got home from the U/S and the baby is healthy and happy and is a..........................

BOY!!!!!

The first 25 minutes was a tech taking all these shots (had the screen turned toward her) and measurements and then she asked us what we each though and we both said girl and she said "You're correct!" And then we got to see some sheets of our little boy - he seemed alittle sleeping she kept poking him to get him to turn but he kept his one arm under his chin (the I'm pissed position) and the other hand kept reaching down and touching his foot which he kept lifting. It was really cute!!! Then we saw the shot proving he is a boy and she said no mistaking that he's a boy! My DH said it's big - I guess he's proud now! LOL But the dr came in after and said the heart, brain and spine and everything looks good and the baby is just about 1lb which is right where he should be. It all feels so much more real now that we know that the baby is a he!!!! Now I can start planning!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY FOR YOUR LITTLE BOY! How exciting- now you can have fun buying all the cute little boy things. I am so glad everything looked good

July 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
soontobemommyto3
whoo hoo!!! Told you I've been wrong a lot lately. Little boys are so much fun, you'll love you're little guy.

Any names picked out?
July 24th, 2006, 03:27 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I am having a boy too.

July 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I don't wanna sound like a freak or anything, but I've been stalking this board all day waiting for your results.

CONGRATS!!!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 24th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful baby boy.

July 25th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
See! I am never right!

How fun, boys are so great! I have been going through and washing all of Ethans baby clothes just to have something ready for this baby, regardless of sex, and it is all bringing back so many memories of when he was teeny tiny.

Before you know it, your little guy will be playing baseball in the house and blaming broken picture frames on "super man flying around" - just like Ethan told me yesterday!

Congrats!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 25th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all for checking in on me!!! I'm excited and just so happy that the baby is doing great and healthy and all......so now let me ask another question for advice - we're slightly torn on names so offer up which one you like better!

Either Jacob Michael or Jack Michael

Give me your picks!!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 25th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

As far as names go, I like both of them. If I had to pick one, I would go with Jack Michael.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

July 25th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love both those names and would use them both, except we already have a jack, jacob and michael in my family!

I think I like Jack more, but I love the nickname Jake if his name is Jacob.

It also depends on your last name. If your last name is a single syllable, go with Jacob- I have this thing about having too short or too long of names, so all the names I like are double syllables. My sister has the last name Lowe- I would never, if I were her, name my child a single syllable name because it sounds choppy. Jack Lowe? No. Jacob Lowe- much better! I, on the other hand, have a 4 syllable last name and could never do a super long first name- as it is Stephanie is too long for my last name and I would never do that to my child. And I cant blame my parents because they didnt know who I would marry.

Either way, the kid will have a cute name. Maybe wait to see him and decide which one he looks like?

But actually I dont know why I am typing this because I suck at picking names. Ethan didnt have a name for 3 days and so far this baby is nameless too!

So dont listen to me. I am retarded and suffering from pregnancy insomnia, and this post probably doesnt make sense anyway!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 25th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You crack me up Steph!!! Our last name is 3 syllables but only 5 letters so I'm torn. I was thinking about waiting until the big day but I think I want to know ahead so we can put his name on things. I guess the debate goes on for the moment but thanks for your input. I also was fighting for Ethan but Mike wasn't sure so we came down to the final 2 choices!

[/url]
July 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
soontobemommyto3
We had considered Jacob and Jack when we had our son! We decided against them because Jacob was just to popular at the time. Not sure if it still is - this was 3 years ago. And well this is a funny story. We named our daughter Sophie (Sophia is her full name) but our neighbors had a dog named Sophie. We thought is was a little weird but we loved the name Sophie too much to care. When we found out we were having a boy we liked the name Jack but that was the name of our neighbor's other dog! We felt just too weird naming both our kids the same name as their dogs (so we named our son Corey).

Anyhow, those are great names, either sounds nice. I do like Jack a little better because it isn't quite as popular as Jacob, but that's just me.
July 25th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so wierd because we are leaning more towards Jack and I posted a poll in my DDC and 14 people have voted and 13 people voted for Jacob and only 1 for Jack which surprised me - now I don't know - I'm so torn!!

Susan, that is hysterical about the dogs!!!!!!

[/url]
July 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
yay hillary!!!!!! im soo happy for you!!! Congrats!
July 26th, 2006, 04:55 AM
hopin4a4rth
Congrats on your baby boy!! how exciting!!!

i like Jacob Michael. Very nice name!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search