Weight loss after having our babies?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By TnPhotoMama81
  • 1 Post By lindsey2000k
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 2 Post By mom2moose
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By MamaRN
  • 1 Post By missy123
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By mom2moose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi All! Scarlett is 1 now and I am still 15lbs heavier than I was before I got pregnant. I do not exercise but have been watching what I eat more. I even went to a weight loss clinic and got the pills to take. They give me more energy but I am still overweight. I feel like a fat pig and it makes me sad. (I am not depressed though)

Give me some inspiring stories... have you lost the weight?

Love you girls! xoxoxo

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I have to say is Weight Watchers. I didn't lose all the weight after my first baby so when I got pregnant with Jacob I was about 5 lbs heavier than I was before my first pregnancy. After Jacob was born I joined weight watchers and have lost all of the weight plus I am 6 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with him. It has not been that hard. You can eat all of the fruit and fresh vegetables that you want which helps when I get hungry. I now eat a ton of fruit. I am now in the maintenance plan and the weight has stayed off.

I also bought a weight watchers cook book which has tons of easy and really good recipes. Let me know and I can post some of my favorite recipes if you want.

I also workout 4 to 5 times a week which I think has helped a little bit.

I'm pretty active over at the JM Mommy Weightloss and Fitness Forum if you need some more support, you should definitely check that forum out. they are all the time doing challenges to lose weight which are fun and help motivate you.
missy123 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I lost all my pregnancy weight within 6 weeks, but I still have a lot of non pregnancy related weight to lose. lol
missy123 likes this.

November 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost my weight, too, but I take none of the credit. It just happened on its own, and if it hadn't, there is no way I would have had the energy or the willpower to stick to eating healthy or exercising. I think it takes a really strong person to do the hard work of trying to lose weight (especially with kids), and I really admire moms who have it together enough to consistently eat healthy and/or work out.

So I have no advice, but just wanted to say that while you may not feel the greatest about your body right now, you should feel awesome about being motivated enough to make a change! You have a lot of people (including me ) beat on that one!
missy123 likes this.
November 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I lost a LOT after Emily was born. Like 52 lbs but I was very overweight (still am for my height). I have already gained 10 of it back since jeremy got home which really sucks. I really need to exercise.

Weight Watchers is a great program though so I agree with Melissa! It's very easy to follow.
missy123 likes this.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
November 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
you don't want to hear my story..lol

166 when I had the first miscarriage that brought me here.... then after metformin I went to 146 at my first Pregnancy appt with Bryson. I was 166 when I had him. At the one week mark I was 146 again. I have gained about 3-5 pounds back (to much Halloween candy..lol)

With Madison it was not as fast took me 6 months but was 138 when she was 6mo and 186 when I had her. But some hoe waited 25 or so of that back the years after she was born.
missy123 likes this.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
November 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Not sure how it happened really but I guess I was lucky and lost alot of weight after Chelsea was born.

I never gained much during my pregnancy with her, only 17lbs - which almost 9 of that was her! In total I have lost about 37lbs and am smaller then I was pre-pregnancy. I guess it is attributed to breastfeeding but I also had some problems with my gallbladder and had it removed, so since then I haven't been able to eat as much as before.

I can only hope it goes the same way with my next pregnancy
missy123 likes this.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
November 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have an inspiring story to share, YET, but hoping to in about 6mo, lol. Can I just say how beautiful Scarlett's new siggy is???? I did loose the weight with Mia and Selena at around 6mo, but had to diet and exercise my butt off to get there. Not sure how it will work out this time around, as I dont have the time anymore to get in a full 1hr workout.....hoping that in the next few weeks I feel more like working out with my spare time than sleeping! I dont even feel like dieting, but obviously my appitiete has decreased alot since giving birth.

I can tell you that over the years, the best way to loose weight is to eat breakfast! No matter how much your not hungry, eat a decent breakfast and eat very light for the rest of the day......always worked for me!
missy123 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
mom2moose
I am 37 years old. I gained weight after having Finn. I was pissed. So, I made some serious life changes (I refuse to call it a diet.) Now, I look and feel better than I ever have. (In fact, I now weight less than I did when I graduated high school in 1994!!!) Oh and I posted all my "fat" pics on FB as I went along, so it would motivate me.

This was Feb, April and May, I think:

This was my 37th birthday in Oct:

And I'm actually smaller now, but refuse to take any more pics. LOL
missy123 and melissalaw like this.
November 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dang Jenny, you look HAWT girl!!!! That is awesome.

Like Nicole I have no good advice... I have often struggled to gain weight but never to lose it. From what I've seen with friends, it is very important to change your whole lifestyle and relationship with food to really lose significant weight and keep it off. Habits are hard to break.
mom2moose likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I am under the belief it totally has to do with my age. With my first baby, I didn't do a thing and ended up weighing less than when I started. After my 6th, I actually left the hospital weighing more than when I went in. I was still packing it around when I got pg with Nattie. After her, it didn't just melt off either. I gained 40lbs (by 31wks). It took me over a year to loose it. I finally dropped under my pre-Natalie weight but that's because I've had hypermesis for the last 5wks. I don't recommend puking as a way to loose weight
You can do it. Just remember, it takes time.
missy123 likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just turned 37 this week. I had my first baby at 33, gained 30lbs with her and loss about 10 after (up 20) then got pregnant when she was 10 months and lost it at 8 weeks, got pregnant again when she was 15 months and gained 21lbs with that pregnancy. When my son was about 10 months I still had all the baby weight from him and my daughter (41lbs) plus was a little over (about 15lbs) to start with . I started running 2-3 times a week and watching what I ate, reducing portion sizes. Not any specific diet just exercising and trying to do better controlling how much I ate and what I ate. Since April I have lost 46 lbs, all the baby weight plus 5 extra pounds. I'm pretty excited, I fit into jeans I haven't worn in 6 years! I had to work my butt off to do it, but am so glad I finally did. I was really unhappy and unhealthy before. Also had a check up and my cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar where all great! Yahoo!

I just wanted enough energy to keep up with my kids and to feel better.
missy123 likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post

This was my 37th birthday in Oct:

And I'm actually smaller now, but refuse to take any more pics. LOL

HOT MAMA!!! Way to go!! ** Whistle **
mom2moose likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I got pregnant with Reagan, I was about 118/120. I gained about 30 lbs with her and lost the first 20 out of the hospital. The last 10 stuck around for about a year, I hadn't realized it too much until I saw pics from her 1st birthday and realized I did not look the way I wanted. I started weight watchers...I lost the last 10 plus an extra 5, so was down to the lowest I had been since probably the beginning of high school. I felt awesome. Weight watchers is great, because it is a lifestyle change, not a diet...it teaches you to eat healthy and teaches portion control. It is not a quick weight loss, it's a healthy weight loss.

When I got pregnant with Addy, I was actually up to 130, because of the pregnancy before her, I had gained over 10 lbs in about 12 weeks, because I wasn't paying attention and felt sick unless I ate. I only gained about 18 lbs with her, she was 8lb 10oz, I am hovering just above 130 right now and it has been 5 months since her birth. I am feeling terrible and can't seem to find my motivation either. I want to do Weight Watchers, but I am not sure when, DH works weekends now and is working 6 days a week and going to class for the 7th, so I don't really have the time to do the meetings and when I did it online, I wasn't as good at the control as I was when I went to the meetings.

One thing, drink a lot of water, that is something that they strongly encourage on WW - you lose so much more that first week or two because of the water weight. I still drink a ton of water now, because of the WW program

Good luck! Maybe we can be motivated together
missy123 likes this.

November 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM
mom2moose
I agree with the water thing. Also, green tea. It curbs your appetite and boosts your metabolism. when I first started trying to lose weight, that was the first change I made. I only drank water and green tea. I now have the occasional pop/soda, but not as much as I did. I also cut out my wine, which sucked. LOL
humnck likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search