Back for awhile

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hiya ladies, how is everyone? I haven't posted in here since early in my pregnancy. I got into a DDC and was just in that but our DDC had a little blowup and I want to stay away for a bit. So I thought I'd pop back over here if you ladies don't mind!

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby, and my son Ethan is almost 3 years old.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 4th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back! Don't leave again So glad to hear things are going well for you, do you know what you are having or are you going to be team green?

December 4th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Aw thanks!
We get to find out the baby's gender in about 10 days! Woohoo! Can't wait!
mom2moose and humnck like this.

December 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
mom2moose
Gotta love when DDC's go bad. Welcome back.
EverydayJoy likes this.
December 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heard about the drama. So sad! I was just thinking I should check in on you! Glad you're doing well!

December 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Robyn, yeah--and although the drama is over, it kinda just made me lose faith in some ladies. So...anyway! I just read your birth story...congratulations mama!! So he's already a month old? Wow can't believe I missed that! I bet you are just glowing
Belita likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you back. We missed you around here. It is so exciting finding out the gender of the baby. Please make sure you check back in and let us know how you are doing. So happy to know that all is going good right now for you and the baby.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks Melissa! I'll be sure to share when I find out if it's a boy or a girl.

December 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
mom2moose
I was bored (and hiding from my kids, lol) and checked out your DDC. I have got to say, those ladies are seriously insane. I have never, ever seen a group of women behave like that. You're safer here honey. We don't talk to eachother like that!!!
doremi likes this.
December 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
I was bored (and hiding from my kids, lol) and checked out your DDC. I have got to say, those ladies are seriously insane. I have never, ever seen a group of women behave like that. You're safer here honey. We don't talk to eachother like that!!!
Ditto.

PAL/PAMAL has always been a safe place for me. I had some mild drama in my first DDC but NOTHING like yours!! If I were you I'd be here instead, too. It may not be quite as entertaining here but at least you can count on people to be kind. Hugs and welcome back

December 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
mom2moose
It's like a train wreck for me. I can't stop reading. I'm actually disgusted with these half-witted and cruel women. And honestly? I'm seriously pissed that they went after our Erica. The host of that DDC is a ginormous moron who should not be allowed to host. Actually, she shouldn't be allowed to speak. I'm in awe that JM is allowing that to continue. One woman after another gets attacked and the joke of a host allows it, or else initiates it. I wouldn't do well with that group. My mouth is too big and my tolerance for fools is small.
stargatemommy and Purrrrrrr like this.
December 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
mom2moose
I should have probably minded my own, but I'm very angry. No one should be allowed to be treated the way that DDC treats people. http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...l#post26839015
December 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Jenny--what threads did you read? I haven't been even looking at the room for several days so IDK if there's anything new going on. I can point you to the really drama-laden threads if you're bored, lol. I thought maybe they deleted them but I think they're still there. Anyway--yeah they treated Erica like total horse-you-know-what. Totally uncalled for. Even if she was a "troll" like they made her out to be, it still should have been handled in private and not have her dragged in the mud like that.
Anyway...not to bring drama over here! It is slower over here but I think that's what I need now, lol. Glad I have you ladies to run to! Thanks for taking me back

December 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, the host needs to step down. JM is supposed to be a friendly and well moderated forum, not a vicious catty free for all, and I don't know why she has not been removed. Maybe they are hoping she will come to her senses and step down without a fight. There are obviously plenty of nice women too in the DDC and I am sure it would be a fine group if the bad apples were gone.

Really, what is worse, being a totally fake dramatic troll and fooling people who needlessly send prayers and so on, or hurtfully and viciously accusing innocent real women of being trolls after they have had scary or bad things happen to them? I personally always give the benefit of the doubt until there is real evidence like posting pics stolen from someone else's blog or something. It is too cruel to treat a hurting woman so poorly and make her life even worse.
Purrrrrrr and mom2moose like this.

December 4th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Couldn't agree more!

December 4th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back! It's nicer here, I have NEVER seen drama in here.
EverydayJoy likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Come to think of it, I haven't either!

December 4th, 2012, 11:47 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I was just lurking in your DDC last night. Oh my word, VICIOUS!!! It reminded me of the Jan. 2012 DDC that I was in, which ended up splitting into not one, but TWO FB groups because they couldn't get along. Their PR is totally dead. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

December 5th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was appalled reading the threads too. I couldn't believe a host was joining in! That is not what a host should be like. When I was co-hosting the Nov DDC we had some troll hunts but Amber and I tried to remain neutral and just report the thread, which hosts are told to do. Drama has also had a negative impact on the Nov DDC, although nothing like what the May DDC is going through and it's just sad. I don't understand the mentality of trolls, but also don't understand troll hunters. I have better things to do. This forum is supposed to be about support. I don't remember seeing drama like this in the TTC boards. What is it about DDCs that bring out the crazy?
mom2moose likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Welcome Joy! It must be that time of year for the DDC's to go crazy because mine just did too.

Glad to see everything is going great with you and your little one!

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search