weight gain

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By mspkids
  • 1 Post By Purrrrrrr

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have any giod weight gain ideas? Im 15.5 weeks pregnant and i have lost about 20lbs and im still loosing. My ob really wants me to gain weight and now that my morning sickness is getting better i thought i would start gaining but im still loosing. Any help would be great. Thank you ladies.
December 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe try drinking some milk shakes which have a high caloric content. Did your OB give you any ideas as to how to gain some weight?

Also maybe eating alot of peanut butter, maybe on sandwiches or crackers. i know it has a high calorie content but is still good for you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do they know why you're losing? Are you still really nauseated and/or find it hard to eat?
I would just try to eat the most calorie-dense stuff you can, if you like milk, get whole milk, and even you can add powdered milk to that to up the calorie and protien content. I second the peanut butter recommendation! I love a milkshake with banana and peanut butter in it.
If you do any low fat foods at home, replace them with full fat.
I would probably limit veggies and fruits somewhat, I mean they're important but if weight gain is important, then focus on protein, fat, and carbs, I would think.
Buy full fat sour cream and make a veggie/bread dip! And full fat mayo and all that. Cream cheese...just ideas!
I love dairy, so I gravitate toward that. I love Zoi brand Greek yogurt, and they make one that is full fat.
Hey and there's always Ben & Jerry's! hehe.

Oh and avocado has lots of fat, and it's the good for you kind of fat.
Bacon...and cook your food in bacon grease!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies those are great ideas! I have no idea why im still loosing weight. Im barely sick and i eat as much as i can. I see my hemotoligist tomorrow so im going to see if anything shows with my blood work.

The funny part is is that my son was a preemie and so underweight until he was 2 so i know all these weight gain tricks but it is so different when its you and not your baby.
EverydayJoy likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost weight with my fourth until 20w. (total 25 pds I think). By the time I delivered her at 36w6d, I gained it back with another 20.

Many meals and constantly eating did the trick for me. I couldn't stomach milk so all high calorie shakes were out. I ended up eating an egg salad sandwich every morning and PB&J at bedtime. By the time I delivered, I wanted nothing to do with eggs and 9 years later, still can't stand egg salad. PB is still one of my favorites thankfully
EverydayJoy likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Katrina thanks for sharing that. It is great to hear a succes story. I was on growth hormones and steroids with #1 and i only gained 17lbs. He was early due to complications. With my #2 i gained 7lbs so i know i wont gain a bunch. My ob already doubts i will make it to my due date but i dont want the baby to come early due to something i did. Im going to go eat a bunch and try some of these tips. Thank you ladies.
December 6th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have struggled to gain weight in the past too. I second the "full fat everything", also sauces and butter on everything, lots of snacks lying around (nuts are great, I like cashews), try to drink fruit juices and caloric beverages instead of water. Red meat and potatoes and pasta. I read ingredient labels and shop around for high calorie breads and stuff. Good luck, I know it isn't easy!!!!!

December 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had trouble gaining weight with Jax and then I started drinking milkshakes. Like the good ones from real ice cream shops. So yummy and it helped me gain weight. I gained 18 pounds with him and he was 7lbs 4oz at 37 weeks.

December 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Gain weight, you say? Let me share the alfredo recipe of my people, but let me warn you, it doesn't re-heat well so only make however much you want for that night. It easily is halfed though.

Fettuccine Pasta, cooked and drained
1 Chicken breast per person, cooked with Italian seasonings and cut into bite-sized pieces

Sauce:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered parmesean cheese (I've tried freshly grated and it doesn't seem to melt as well
1 stick of butter
1/4 cream cheese
Garlic salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat
Once melted, add heavy whipping cream and cream cheese
Stir until melted
Slowly stir in parmeasean cheese (add more heavy whipping cream if too thick)
When melted into a sauce, add seasonings, little by little to taste

Serve over pasta and chicken.

Seriously... if you wanna put on weight, have that once a week.

My Boring Blog
December 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Purrr that was so funny and it sounds so good.

I had a hemotology appointment today. The doctor said my iron is low but not to bad and my platlet count is still good. My weight is currently holding this week. He is concerned that my weight loss could be from an underlying issue so he is going to monitor it. Im back on iron pills but i dont need infusions yet so all in all it was a good appointment.
December 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you can put on some good weight! Hey I'd say too if you do eat veggies, buy the fattiest dip you can find (or make, I love the spinach dip recipe on the back of Knorr's vegetable soup mix), and dip your veggies, have PB on your apples and/or celery, etc. That way you can get your veggies while still hopefully gaining!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Also, condiments are your friend when you wanna gain.
EverydayJoy likes this.

My Boring Blog
December 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
These ladies have all given some great ideas! You might consider adding coconut oil to your foods. It's got health benefits too! Is baby not growing appropriately? Are you underweight already? Sorry, I've been away from this board for a while

[/url
December 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tobi so far the baby is growing but im loosing weight and starting to have symptoms from it. Im trying to be proactive with my weight gain so the baby does not start to have problems from it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search