A light at the end of the tunnel

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls, sorry for another update about me, but I have news from my dr's appointment yesterday!

For those of you who dont know, I have been being monitored every other week via u/s since week 21 when my cervix measured a bit on the shorter end at my big u/s. The dr told me normally he wouldnt worry about it, but with my history (I delivered Ethan at 35 weeks after experiencing preterm labor at 29 weeks) he wanted to watch me closely.

There werent any changes until week 29 when my cervix was quite a bit shorter than it shouldve been, so they began monitoring me even closer and I have been going weekly to have an u/s.

The baby's head is directly on top of my cervix, making it hard to see if I have changed at all, and each week they send me home telling me to take it easy, but I should go full term because there was no sign of any dialting. The technician said my cervix must be closed because if not, the baby would be pushing its way out!

Yesterday, I had my 35 week appointment and still there was no recorded changes in cervical length at my u/s. But after my u/s, I had a followup appointment with the dr and it was a new dr I had never seen before. She was looking at the pics of my u/s and decided to check me just in case because she said that since the baby's head was so low, there isnt really a way to tell via u/s if I am at all dialted.

Much to her surprise, I am at a -1 station (whatever that means) and I am 4cm dialted! So all these weeks I have been complaing about the pain and pressure and now I know my complaints have been valid!!! THis baby is pushing out of me! Its not just ligament pain (like everyone was telling me) I have been pretty much in labor!

I am scheduled for another visit with the same dr next week, but she said I might not make it til then. I am taking it easy for sure- I dont want another baby in the NICU. If I can hold on for even just 2 more weeks I will be happy.

So ladies, keep me in your prayers and hope this baby stays put. I know things will eventually be fine if I did go into labor, but I dont want to go down that bumpy road again.

Also, baby is now almost 7lbs! Yikes! Maybe my body just cant hold a big chubby baby and thats why I go into labor? Who knows!

This past weekend, Rob and I got the nursery somewhat ready- I have all Ethan's unisex items washed and ready to be worn, so I feel good that I have something ready. Today I am packing my hospital bag and
then I guess its just a waiting game from here on out. I must admit I am excited that I finally might be at the end, but I really would like 2 more weeks! Is that too much to ask for?

Also, what the heck does -1 station mean? I shouldve asked the dr, but I was too uncomfortable at that point with someones hands up there, if you know what I mean! Asking questions was the last thing on my mind!

Ps. Has anyone else been up all night again? Please tell me I am not the only one wide awake at 3 am! Although I must admit, my house has been spotless lately- I get up, eat something, clean something, then check this board- it occurs almost nightly now!

Sorry for the long post! I am going back to bed- goodnight! (even though the sun is now up!)

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 25th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Stay put baby!!! I'm glad to hear that you saw a different doctor and that they checked you out and were able to tell you what had been going on wasn't all in your head and whatnot. Seems like that baby wants to join his big brother! I would just say take it easy as much as possible (I'm sure hard with Ethan) but I bet he/she will stay put the next weeks that you're hoping for. I can't believe you're almost there -- you can't abandon me though (I've already warned Susan of the same thing). I'm so excited for you though and I'll think stay put vibes for you!!

Keep us posted on how you're feeling and doing and I'm happy that you're about to bring that new baby into the world - and what a big baby already!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 25th, 2006, 08:51 AM
soontobemommyto3
If you have your baby before me I'll scream!!! Seriously though, baby should be fine if born now. Maybe a short stay in NICU but maybe not. But you know all that.

As for the station that is where the baby is sitting. -4 is floating 0 is engaged and +4 is the head is born (+3 is crowning I think). So -1 is not quite engaged, probably why *she* hasn't started active labor yet.

here is a picture of it:

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/enlarg...it.php?ID=8392
July 25th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
As for the station that is where the baby is sitting. -4 is floating 0 is engaged and +4 is the head is born (+3 is crowning I think). So -1 is not quite engaged, probably why *she* hasn't started active labor yet.

here is a picture of it:

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/enlarg...it.php?ID=8392[/b]
Wow, what a great illlustration and explanation- where do you learn these things?! Although I must admit, that picture scared me a little. I have been through this before, so I thought I would be fine, but that picture is too much of a reminder of how something that big comes out of something much smaller- ouch. ANd this baby is already bigger than Ethan was, I think I am doomed to rip this time even though I didnt with Ethan. Oh man... I guess theres no turning back now?

And when you say "she" should I think boy since you havent been so accurate lately? For Ethans sake, I hope its a boy- he does not want a sister!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 25th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Good luck sweety!! i have been checking in on all my fav preggo girls and i always look for updates, so when you ladies send them, i get all excited..these days im living my dream through all of you Auntie Danielle cant wait to see these beautiful babies!!! and i too think its a girl..sorry ethan
July 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
soontobemommyto3
Quote:
Wow, what a great illlustration and explanation- where do you learn these things?! Although I must admit, that picture scared me a little. I have been through this before, so I thought I would be fine, but that picture is too much of a reminder of how something that big comes out of something much smaller- ouch. ANd this baby is already bigger than Ethan was, I think I am doomed to rip this time even though I didnt with Ethan. Oh man... I guess theres no turning back now?

And when you say "she" should I think boy since you havent been so accurate lately? For Ethans sake, I hope its a boy- he does not want a sister!!![/b]
I'm a computer geek. I can find almost anything on the internet.

I don't know I am still feeling girl for you. Ethan will get used to it.
July 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh dear, I am so sorry! Good thing the dr. checked you. I hope this little one stay put at least another week or so but sounds like he/she is pretty big and healthy and I am sure he/she would be okay but having an early baby is so scary. Hang in there and lets hope she/he hangs on.

July 25th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to anotherblessing03 Send a message via Yahoo to anotherblessing03
Wow 4 cm thats epidural time for me. I hope the baby stays put for another 2 weeks for you. GL! You have made it to a pretty safe time now. I cant wait to see your happy news soon.! I will keep you in my positive thoughts and prayers!

Debby
July 26th, 2006, 04:53 AM
hopin4a4rth
YAY!! Things are progessing! how exciting. Hang in there for 2 more weeks and baby will be considered full term!!

You aren't the only one up at 3 am... Erich had me up last night too. But before I had him I was up all night, only getting a few hrs sleep/night due to pregnancy uncomfies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search