Becky!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats to Becky...here is what is posted on her DDC

After more than 36 hours of rough labor and a c section, Regan is here! 6:45 this morning, 8 lbs 13 oz, 21.5 inches long, lots of dark hair!

Can't wait to see pics!
stargatemommy and melissalaw like this.

December 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah! Congrats to Becky!
December 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw!! Yay!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Congrats Becky!

December 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Congrats momma

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 14th, 2012, 06:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Becky!! I am so thrilled for you and your family. I can't wait to see pictures of that beautiful baby girl.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And I hope you don't mind that I posted this here

December 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Of course I don't mind ladies!! I appreciate the thought... the last few days have been unbelievable!

Regan Page was born at about 6:30 Thursday morning. My induction started Tuesday at 1:00 pm. We did cervadil first and that got my body contracting, but they petered out. About 5:00 pm on Wednesday we started Pitocin. That kicked things up. But I still didn't progress very fast. We weren't too worried about it because baby was handling it all just fine and my water hadn't broken. We decided to break my water and there was meconium. When I hit 5 cm and 60% effaced my body wanted to start pushing. That would then make Regan's heartrate dip. So at that point we decided that it would be best if I got an epidural. The anesthesiologist came and put in my epidural and it was great for about an hour. Then I was feeling everything again. So I got a second epidural. That one worked better, but after being on it and increased pit for a few more hours, we discovered that my body had stalled at 9cm. I was so frustrated that that point! 35 hours of unmedicated labor and 5 with the epidural, only to be told that it wasn't going to happen!

So the doctor was sure that at this point my uterus was so tired that there wasn't any point in trying any further. DH and midwife and I talked about it and we just couldn't see any other course of action working as well to get her here safe. So c-section it was. The rolled me into the OR and she was here before we knew it. But almost immediately they knew there was a problem and they'd taken her to the nursery. She was not breathing right and they've been working on it ever since. So I'm in a room down the hall with DH and she's in the nursery. I got to really hold her for the first time this morning and got our first go at BFing tonight. I have been pumping so hopefully my milk will still come in with no problem. It's been really hard. But she's improving. They say that once her respiratory rate gets down they'll be able to let her go. But she has to have oxygen right now...

So... here's a picture of my little Regan Page!

December 14th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Aww! Sounds like you had a rough time of it, and for that I'm sorry! But I'm glad your little girl is with you now! I hope she does real well and gets to breathing just fine on her own soon. Is that bubble around her kind of like an oxygen tent?
Thanks for the update!

December 14th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I think they call it a hood... They kept her in that for the first day and a half with about 30% oxygen. Her respiratory rate was around 120. Today they moved her onto a nasal cannula so that I could have some skin to skin time with her. Her chest xrays are looking good and she's got her respiratory rate down to about 70, except when she gets upset. A normal newborn rr is 30-60. She gets so worked up and is taking such shallow quick breaths that her oxygen saturation drops. Of course eating when she's breathing like that is pretty impossible. I've managed to pump about 4 ccs of colostrum that they let trickle down her throat when she's calm. And she's got so many wires and things attached to her that it's really hard to get a good position to try and get her to latch... we did for a bit tonight though and that was really wonderful.
EverydayJoy likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Aww...that sucks that you have to be separated from her, but I'm glad you got to have some skin-on-skin time. That must have done your heart good!

December 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your beautiful girl!!! I hope her breathing evens out and you get unlimited skin time asap!

December 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is beautifull! Im sorry you cant take her home yet. My DS had similar issues but it was due to other problems too. Its great that her lungs are catching up and her respitory rate is getting better. Before you know it she will be home with you!
December 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad she's getting the care she needs but know it must be so difficult. I hope she gets released soon!

December 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your girl. I hope you get to take her home soon!

December 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful! Lots of hair I am sorry that she has to be in the nursery, my Reagan had the same problem, there was meconium in the bag of waters when it broke and she ended up in the nursery as well for a couple of days. Glad you are all doing fairly well...how are you feeling?

And congratulations!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search