Breastfeeding Check In

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 06:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So who is still breastfeeding? Are things going good? Has baby began to nurse less frequently since you have started solid food? How long are you going to try to breastfeed?

We are still breastfeeding and things are still going good. I will pump while at work and take that milk for Jacob to eat while at daycare and then when we are at home he will nurse. He still seems to be drinking the same amount of milk even though we have started solids. Just seems like he is eating more now that he is having milk and solids. I plan on breastfeeding atleast a year and then we will see how Jacob is doing and when to wean him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pete is 20 months (21 on Christmas) he nurses once every 3 days, I think he does to check if the milk came back yet... I am 20 weeks pregnant and completely dried up.

December 21st, 2012, 10:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not nursing but I'm nervous about it hurting when baby is born! I remember how much it hurt at first with Ethan and I kind of dread going through that again.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joy it did hurt for the first week or so. Took some time for my nipples to toughen up but now it doesn't hurt at all.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still nursing at 7.5 weeks. I plan to nurse for a year. I pump once per day just to fully drain my breasts in the morning and have some milk stored up. No solids here until 6 months.

December 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I just stopped. Kieran self-weaned at the beginning of this month. I am glad he chose to, I will get a short break before newbie comes along in May.
December 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
16 months here. Probably until he's 2, or until he weans himself.

[/url
December 21st, 2012, 10:59 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Still nursing here but not as often since she is on solids. I think my supply is already starting to diminish. I've had to supplement with formula several times this week :/ Kinda sucks but whatever. Not going to stress about it now. I am just glad I was able to go this long. I'd like to do it for a year though

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
December 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I am not nursing but I'm nervous about it hurting when baby is born! I remember how much it hurt at first with Ethan and I kind of dread going through that again.
Bryson had a really bad tongue tie so it hurt really bad but the day after we had that fixed the pain was gone.
They say it should not hurt and if it does something is not right... but I remember Madison it hurt the first couple weeks or so. But it was not as bad the second time around.

We are still going strong... almost to strong since he wakes every 20 minutes- 2hours at night to nurse.... not sure if he is really hungry or its the only way he knows how to go to sleep?
We just started solids 2 days ago so I have not noticed any difference.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search