Update on Miss Regan - Xposted

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last week is a little blurry... we're still at the hospital. This will be our 11th day since we started the induction. I'm healing up pretty well. It's been nice to be on boarder status at the hospital so I have all my prescriptions and don't get bugged while I'm sleeping. We have a room with a double bed so DH can stay with me (much better than the fold out chair they had him in while I was still in a surgical bed!) and a little fridge so we can keep snacks, etc. My incision seems to be healing well, my bp is being managed by the meds they have me on, my bleeding is pretty reasonable and the narcotics have me so backed up that (TMI) my first two bowel movements were pretty hellish. I'm on colace, metamucil and prune juice and I'm still dreading the next one!

Regan is doing pretty well. She's finished her antibiotics. Most of her monitors and stuff have been taken off. The xrays of her poor little lungs show that she's continuing to improve and most, if not all, of the fluid is gone. She's breastfeeding great, but last night she about killed me because she'd nurse for about an hour and a half and then sleep for two and we'd start all over again. Which I'm sure is pretty normal, but it's extra fun when you have to leave to go to bed, then get a phone call to go back to the nursery not long after you get to sleep! The nurses have been great though and they've been calling us when she wakes up and is hungry so that we're following her schedule, rather than just feeding her every three hours. My milk lets down when I see her and she's got a great latch so there's at least one area that's been pretty easy for us.

The issue we're still having with her is her oxygen. She still has a nasal cannula that is feeding her oxygen and they've been trying to wean her off of it. But everytime they get below about a 50% mix she starts having saturation problems when she's asleep or really relaxed. So she's not getting much help, but what she's getting appears to be very necessary. She doesn't look or act like a sick baby. In fact she's back up to 8 pounds 9 ounces and seems to be growing like crazy the last few days.

And she's still ridiculously pretty and we couldn't be crazier about her. We just want to get her home!

Purrrrrrr likes this.

December 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad your all getting better! I remember how hard it is to not bring your baby home right away. You are so strong. Im so proud of both of you!
December 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is a beautiful baby. Glad you are doing good and glad breastfeeding is working so great for you guys. I hope she gets all better soon and you guys can come home soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad things are looking up. Hopefully you get to take the pretty girl home soon!

December 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw she is so sweet and pretty, I love her hair!
I'm sorry you are still stuck in the hospital with her, but I hope that very soon her O2 sats will improve and she won't need that oxygen at all. She sure looks healthy! Glad nursing is going real well too.
Congratulations on bringing a brand new little life into the world!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Becky, she is so pretty!! Congratulations on your little girl... I know it must be very hard not only with you in the hospital but her as well. Through your words you sound good and sound strong. Stay tough and I hope you all get to go home soon.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your baby girl is soooo pretty!! My little boy has the same eyes as hers! Hope you get home soon to enjoy all your dreams of motherhood!! Will be home for the holidays?

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

December 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's gorgeous! It is so hard not to be able to take your baby home, and right now it feels like forever, but she will be home soon! So is she having episodes of apnea, then? Or just her sats drop? I'm sorry that you all are going through this, and I hope you make it home soon!

December 23rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
She is beautiful & great job on the breastfeeding momma. I would bet it is hard to have to keep going to the nursery so much but it is so worth it. Once you guys are home it will be so nice not to have all the bottles to wash and formula to mix and you can just lay in bed with her to make up for this time

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Your experience sounds SO similar to what we went through with our little Jamison. I boarded at the hospital too, and it wasn't until we were finally home that I started letting my guard down enough to have a good cry about just how STRESSFUL those first few weeks had been! Praying for you, and of course for Regan, that she'll be able to come home very, very soon! It is pretty amazing when they DO finally turn the corner how quickly things can get better. Keep your chin up, mama!!

January 2nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is absolutely perfect, Becky! I am so happy for you, I hope and pray that she gets to come home soon!! So glad that the fluid is starting to clear out of her lungs and that you are starting to feel a little better.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, your daughter is adorable- just tiny and bright eyed and precious I hope that you both get to go home soon!
January 4th, 2013, 07:08 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful baby girl <3 I hope you are home soon, if you aren't already.
January 4th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies.... it's been a long, hard couple of weeks.

On December 22nd they let us move Regan into the room with us at the hospital. It was so nice to finally have her there with us and not have to deal with going to the nursery. We spent Christmas there, the three of us curled up in bed watching movies. Then on the 27th they let us take her home. So we've been home for a week now. Regan is still on oxygen, they've just set us up with tanks and a monitor at home. Her saturation still drops a little too much when she's on room air, but there has been progress and we're hoping that it won't be too much longer.

Of course now what I'm worried about is making sure that she doesn't get exposed to anything because even a cold could be a big problem with her in this compromised condition. But otherwise she couldn't be doing better. She's a great breastfeeder and is almost a pound over her birth weight now. She's so beautiful and sweet and I love being her mommy! My sweet DH is absolutely bonkers over her and it's made me fall in love with him all over again.

I've healed up pretty well and am starting to feel and move like a normal person again. My blood pressure has normalized so I'm off the meds for that and fortunately there haven't been any other complications from the surgery. So we're stuck a little, held in one place by the tubing and wires and oxygen tank. But it's given us a great excuse to just spend our days in bed snuggling.

I may still be MIA for a bit longer, so hard to find time to type anything out when I have this little person wanting to constantly be on a boob, but I look forward to the time when I will be around more and can be a more active member.

Thanks again!
humnck likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah!!!!!!! Im so happy your all home! I remember the joy of taking home my little man, our hospital did not let us stay with him. You all deserve some snuggle time in bed so do it as much as you can. Hopefully she can loose the tubes soon. Im just so happy for you!
January 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great to hear from you again, Becky! I'm glad your baby girl is home with you. I hope she does better and better on room air and that you can get rid of the oxygen, but yes this is a great time to snuggle! Take care

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am glad you guys are home. She is absolutely gorgeous!!!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just stalking your DDC to see if you had updated on there I, for some reason, did not think to come back to this thread...lol!

I am so glad that you are home with Regan! Enjoy the snuggle time and look forward to updates when you are able to give them

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search