Update on Us

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Hey ladies, sorry it's been a little while since I posted last. It's been a bit busy since the holidays. I also recently had a birthday at the first of the month.

So here is an update on Chelsea. She is growing so much! She just had her 4month checkup, she is in the 72% for weight and 90% for height, she is a 'long baby' as the pediatrician puts it. She had her shots - which has so hard to hold her down for . We also found out she has a congenital skeletal condition known as pectus evactum, where her chest sinks in. Her dad also has this problem - but the doctors don't see it as a problem - we will keep an eye on it as she grows. But likely it is merely a cosmetic issue.

We had went out of state to Texas to visit my hubby's family, poor Chels got sick right before - running a fever of 101 - had to give her Tylenol during the whole trip - but she thankfully got over that.

Other then all that she is extremely healthy, she laughs,coos,gurgles and tries to babble all the time! She has found out about yelling and likes to do that to get attention - staying up for much longer hours and is very active. She is already rolling over and has great control of her head.

So I honestly couldn't be happier.

Update on Me - I wish I faired as well as my baby. Having got the Mirena IUD I haven't felt too good. I am not sure if it's to blame, breastfeeding may just be taking it out of me. Im pretty faitgued these days and have little aches and pains here and there. Namely where I had my spinal for my c-section and my joints feeling 'loose' like they did when I was pregnant. Also my hair looks awful and has been shedding alot.. really sucks. !

Anyways we got some family pictures done recently, so here is a few recent snapshots.

I hope all you ladies and your babies are doing great!

image hosting sites

image ru
online photo storage

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
January 5th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im glad she is doing so well! Hopefully the doctors are right and it wont be anything more than a cosmetic issue. My DD saw the pictures and said she is a cute little baby.

I had a c section 4 years ago and the spinal was the worst part. Also your nerves need to re connect after being cut and that starts around 3 months post surgery and just feels weird. I hope you feel better soon.
January 5th, 2013, 10:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's wonderful to hear about your baby girl! My DH has the opposite of pectus excavatum, he has a barrel chest, and as far as I know it is just a cosmetic thing. Your daughter is beautiful! What a cutie pie.

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...have you talked to your doctor and gotten everything checked out? Thyroid comes to mind but I have no idea if that would cause all your symptoms. Childbirth and nursing hormones can be pretty hard on the body.
As for the hair falling out, that does tend to happen after birth, because your pregnancy hormones make you hold on to your hair and then after they go away, all the extra hair falls out. But if it seems excessive you could talk to your doc about it.
I had the Mirena for a few months and wasn't too happy with it, I didn't notice any side effects like you had but I didn't want it to begin with, it was more a medical necessity. Anyway I'm sure it's possible for it to give you side effects---have you used a different birth control method that's worked well for you in the past?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Thanks for all the kind replies, it's nice to hear that other mom's have had babies who also had chest defects. I know I worried more about it before I talked to the doctor then I should have.

As far as me, I think I am going to try to go see the Doctor soon about this problem. Maybe I will have a bit more energy if it is a thyroid problem.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
January 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you find some answers to your fatigue and hair loss, etc. Good luck!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 6th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
your little one is such a cutie.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is adorable!

The hair falling out is likely a "side effect" of post pregnancy, my hair has still been falling out in clumps, which is normal, Addy is 6 months old! It sucks, because it just seems like so much hair and it is really irritating, but it will stop soon, mine is finally going back to normal.

I have Mirena and have not had the tiredness that you indicated. I'm not sure if that would be a side effect from that or not, have you taken hormonal birth control before? Mirena has hormones in it, so if you react to them from the pill, perhaps you are reacting to them from the Mirena? I'm not sure, but I would definitely ask about it! I love my Mirena because I don't have to worry about remembering anything, this is my 2nd time having it, had it after my 1st baby too. But, it isn't for everyone. I hope you get answers!

January 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful baby girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search