Working mamas... I need advice!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By missy123
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Hey guys! So I'm having kinda a rough time... DH and I are having trouble financially. We still have tons of medicals bills from Ava's birth, her getting hospitalized again after etc. Plus a million other things. So I have to work more at work. I now work 24 hours a week but my manager is training me in another position in the department so I can help out over there for extra hours. I'll probably average 32-40
a week now.

32 hours a week?!?! I hated even 24 now I have to add an extra day away from my baby?
I'm so upset and almost in tears just writing this. But DH and I need it... at least until all medical bills are paid.

My question is: How do you guys do it? Working full time, baby, housework etc. Ava is growing so fast I'm sad I have to miss it.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 5th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only worked for my first babys 6 months. He got really sick and i had to quit. The things i did find helpfull were making a schedule for housework so it does not get overwhelming and setting aside family time. Even if its just dinner with the whole family once a week, it really helps. Also remember that Ava is so little still so its actualy better to work now than wait and do it when she is older. She wont remember this time and it will help out your family financialy. I think your so brave for doing this, Ava will be ok and you will figure out a good routine.
January 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work full time and my husband is out of town a lot so I just learned to let things go. Also, take lots of videos of Ava... you will look back and feel the happiness of her growing up! I know it is hard to work and be a mommy!
humnck likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have worked full time by the time all my baby's were 6wks old. It is hard the first week for sure, but eventually you fall in to your OWN routine and it gets easier. You have had a good transition by working part time already, you most likely wont even feel the change. You are a great mama and wife to do this, and Ava will grow up stronger knowing her mother did what was needed to provide her a good life. Hang in there, it does get easier.
missy123 likes this.
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 6th, 2013, 07:16 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I only have 1 child right now, I have always worked full time + overtime since he was 12 weeks. In fact, I'm going to be working today until 8 PM. I am possibly one of the luckiest moms in the world in that I work from home. There are always little scheduling conflicts because of the bus schedule, sports and docs/sick time but my office works it out with me because I accommodate them as much as possible. In today's economy, two incomes are needed so we both do what we need to do so the bills are paid.

On top of both of us working full time, we also have a small organic farm and we live off our land as much as possible. Since our son was able to walk he has helped us with the chores and therefore is able to spend time with us, rather than planted in front of an xbox.

This year we are expanding our garden so we can make our own baby food. Juggling all these responsibilities isn't easy and alot falls to me after my "day" job is done. We plan all year round how to manage food and resources, heat the house, use our property to the fullest and maintain a healthy family dynamic.

It's not easy, but the work is worth it.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 6th, 2013, 06:04 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I work from home and DH works 10-12 hour shifts sometimes 7 days a week. I am struggling to keep up with my job. But I have learned what I can let go and not. I have started asking for help. MY problem is opposite from yours though... I need to get away to work and cant.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It can be hard, but you do have to learn to let certain things go a bit longer than normal. My house, right now, is a total disaster from the holidays and us being away. It is driving me insane, but I am taking it one room at a time to try and get some order back. This is a tip that I have gotten from other working moms, do one room at a time, then you aren't having to do it all at once and you have more time each night with Ava. I am trying to work that out, still haven't gotten used to it and my oldest is almost 4

You will miss her, but that is normal, you will get through it and just try to tell yourself that it is just temporary. I have worked FT (40+ hours) since my oldest was 7 weeks and then with #2 I was lucky enough to get 12 weeks with her before having to return.

January 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having to work more. Hopefully you can get your hospital bills paid off quickly and be able to cut back on your hours.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search