Ultrasound tomorrow and feeling terrified

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are not sure of your ovulation date, then it's absolutely possible that you ovulated late and your little bean is right on track. It is great that they saw the heartbeat, too! Early ultrasounds can be way off, even different machines can give drastically different results. It must be so hard to be in this limbo, but you have a lot of positive news!

I cannot believe they are making you wait 2 weeks for another look at your bean. I would call back in 1 week and say you are going crazy with worry and demand to get in early. I know I would not make it 2 weeks!
January 10th, 2013, 07:25 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that it wasn't the news you were hoping for. Although a heartbeat is good news. I agree 2 weeks is such a long time to wait. I hope the 2 weeks pass very quickly for you and when you go back in you get great news and baby is growing like a little weed. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your little bean.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Just try and stay positive... hard I know.

Praying for you and your bean

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 10th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is not at all a worst case scenario, not even close. There is a baby with a h/b, and I agree, do not lose hope! Those very early u/s can be a full week off, easily. And with a slightly late ovulation and implantation, it could even be right on time! 2 weeks is a long time to wait but you should be able to see a really recognizable embryo by then, which would be awesome. So if you do have to wait that long, at least you have that possibility to hope for. I will send lots of T&Ps for you to get through until the next scan and see a perfect bean then!! Hugs!

January 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like you have good news here, too...if baby's heart just started beating, then it's definitely within reason that it was beating slow...I have had other women on JM talk about their early u/s showing a slower hb than the normal range (I specifically recall one of them posting that it was just over 100, like yours was). My doc's office wouldn't do a hb u/s until 7 weeks, because I had had a prior loss, they wanted to make sure that I wouldn't see an u/s with no hb simply because it was too early. I would DEFINITELY go back in a week, go see a different doctor if you need to, heck go into the ER if you need to if your doc won't repeat the u/s. The bleed sounds like it's not going to hurt anything, which is great. I think your midwife is being a real Debbie Downer...and maybe a bit of a jerk considering your past losses! I'm sorry you had such a disappointing visit. I have my fingers crossed for you...and sending sticky, healthy bean dust!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 12th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The dating in early scans can be off by quite a bit! They were off by almost two weeks for my daughter, although in the opposite direction. They showed her being two weeks ahead, which would have had me getting pregnant while I was still on my period. No way that was right! Don't give up hope, seeing a heartbeat is a great thing!

January 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
thinking of you <3

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, u/s can def be way off. They told me that I was ahead by a full week, I knew that couldn't be so, because we hadn't even DTD around the date that that would have made me conceive and it was not an immaculate conception

My doc always told me +/- 4 or 5 days (can't remember), which puts you right around what they were telling you. And, there was a hb, it should be that slow at that point. My sister had an u/s with her youngest at around the same time you did, the hb was in the 90's, she went back a week later and it was up in the 140's and 9 months later, my niece was born!

It is so hard not to worry, the waiting is terrible, I remember it being the longest week of my life. I hope these 2 weeks fly by for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search