Painful Sneezing?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sitting at my desk at work and I was on the phone with a customer when I had to sneeze, I tried to hold it back but I sneezed anyway and my lower abdomen felt like it was splitting in half! I've felt this type of pain and it was ALWAYS when AF is here.

I'm convinced that the pregnancy isn't viable. I know I have no reason to think that, but every pain, cramp and gas bubble makes me crazy. I've taken an HPT 3 times, once every 2 days and it's always positive, but I feel like at any minute, I'll start spotting and then heavy bleeding.

I'm starting to doubt that I'm pregnant at all, and that the three digis I used were wrong. After all, this is only CD 29 and I had one cycle in the past year that was this long (the rest are 23 days) so it's possible that AF is just going to make a horrible appearance at any moment.

I hate feeling this way and DH won't even talk to me now because I'm so negative. Thanks for letting me vent.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 8th, 2013, 08:22 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you're feeling so down Sometimes I think it's just easier to pretend it's doomed and that we don't care than to try to hope. But it's a lot more fun when we let in some of that hope

The pain you're describing sounds like round ligament pain to me. It is a sharp pain that makes you stop in your tracks that usually happens when you move quickly... sneezing is a common thing to cause it. Everything I have read says that it usually doesn't happen in the first trimester, but I ALWAYS have round ligament pains very early in the first trimester. It sounds like a good sign to me!
January 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the cheering up! I have had that round ligament pain for years now, and never pregnancy related. I'm not sure it is RLP but it sounds reasonable to me.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're feeling this way about the pregnancy! I know the feeling though. For the first 10 weeks or so I was basically just waiting to lose the pregnancy. How long until you pass your previous loss date? Sometimes getting past that milestone can really help give you a feeling of hope. Hang in there!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are having a difficult time. Pregnancy after a loss is so hard. I wish none of us ever had to experience a loss. I'm sure that if you've had 3 HPT that have shown positive that you are indeed pregnant. Not sure about the pain sneezing, but I know with pregnancy you have all kinds of pains. Have you set your first dr appointment yet? Might help with your anxiety to see your dr.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search