Should I start grieving now?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 2 Post By missy123
  • 2 Post By stargatemommy
  • 3 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By Minbad

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I woke up with a headache this morning - not a big event considering I am a chronic migraine sufferer, but it was accompanied by a stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen. The pain reduced to a dull ache, but it's still there. Last night I sneezed and had a horrible shooting pain very low on the left side. I can only believe that this pain is caused by it.

This is how it happened in Sept. The pain, the headache, the loss.

I strain to reason that what I'm feeling are symptoms of an advancing pregnancy. Backache, irritability, temp rise. But I know that they can very well have nothing to do with it as well.

I check hourly for spotting, which I haven't seen any yet, not even a tinge when I use the restroom. But still, I have very little hope. Good thing we haven't told anyone yet.

Bracing....

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 10th, 2013, 06:01 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are worrying so much I think there would be no harm in calling your doctor, letting them know what's going on and that you are really upset, and asking for some bloodwork or an ultrasound to ease your mind!
missy123 likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are having these pains and worrying. I would definitely call your dr to see if you can get in to see them. I'll be praying. Have you been sick? We've had the flu and what you are describing sounds alot like what I have been feeling with the flu.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 10th, 2013, 08:15 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely agree with calling the doctor and getting some answers. I'm sorry you are having these same worrying symptoms! I can imagine you are feeling pretty devastated right now. I hope that the baby is fine and that it's not a bad sign!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call the doctors as well....

This happened to me around 8.5 weeks... I suffer from migraines anyway but I got the worst one ever plus had pain in my side. We thought for sure it was another miscarriage. My husband and I went to the ER and we were crying in there... holding each others hands and just trying to comfort each other the best we could.

I got into the ultrasound room and little Miss S was perfect and growing! The pain was from a cyst and the combination of my abdomen growing so fast.

There is hope... call the doctor and get answers. or go to the ER.

(((hugs))))
TnPhotoMama81 and humnck like this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are having to worry. I wouldn't give up yet though. I felt the same way with every single one of my pregnancies. With Peter, (my first successful pregnancy) early pregnancy was exactly the same, except I didn't lose him. I had the same cramping and spotting as with all of my losses. I was sure he was a goner, but he is not. He is a crazy 21 month old who is currently dumping a water bottle on the carpet.

Try to stay positive hun!
TnPhotoMama81 and EverydayJoy like this.

January 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks Ladies - you all make me feel so much better! While I still have a headache, the pain - which is very low in my groin, has dulled to almost nothing. It's on top of the pelvic bone and I've read extensively on this area and I'm feeling confident that it's nothing to worry about. In fact, now that I look at my charts and notes from the past year + ttc, I see I had it during normal cycles (especially ones where I was heavier) and even though I'm only about 4 weeks, I've already gained 4 lbs (and I've been very diligent about eating right).

The location of the ovary/fallopian tube is higher than the pain, so I don't think it's an ectopic (it could be the cyst though, I do have a history of them) and the location is also lower than the Round Ligament, though I'm a bit early for that anyway.

I do think its muscle related and I'm applying warm compresses to help alleviate pain.

Thanks for letting me vent! I'm so appreciative of this board!

Wife to Big Bull 41

January 10th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. Its probably nothing but it never hurts to check. I do know that cysts are more common during pregnancy so since you have a history of them it probably is whats causing your pain. Im praying for you.
January 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you're feeling better about this, I know I was scared as heck in the beginning of this pregnancy. Almost the whole first trimester, I was sure I was going to lose it. But here I am, past the halfway mark and getting closer to the finish line, and feeling sweet baby kicks all day long...you're on your way!
lelila likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are dealing with the worry, it is totally normal though. I had the same thing with my healthy pregnancies that I did with my losses, I bled at 8.5 weeks, heavily (actually, during healthy pregnancies it was heavier bleeding than with my losses). Anyways, sometimes our bodies react the same way no matter what. I am glad you are feeling better about it and I hope your headaches get better, and the pain subsides! It could be implantation pains since you are so early, or stretching pains, even though you are early, you just never know. I wish you a H&H 9 months!!

January 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm so appreciative of the knowledge and experience on these boards. Thanks for all the well wishing!. The pain on my left side is completely gone and I now have slight pains on the right side. I'm trying not to think about it.

Wife to Big Bull 41

January 11th, 2013, 06:39 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I know it's so hard not to worry. I'm 30 weeks with my rainbow baby and still a nervous wreck.

How are you feeling today? I had a cyst on my ovary at the beginning of this pregnancy and it was painful. It had completely disappeared around the 12 week mark.

January 11th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for checking in Aimee. I love your signature, what a beautiful picture of beautiful girls!

I must admit, I finally feel pregnant. Nausea, cramps and stretching, sore bbs, the works. It's all welcome.

I hope you have a smooth remaining 10 weeks! I remember when I was in the home stretch with my son and one morning I woke up in a sheer panic because we didn't have a single thing, not even a diaper for him and I was due in 4 weeks. I ran out and bought a pack of like 10 diapers, bottles and a 6 pk of onesies. Looking back I laugh because that would have tied me over for about 3 hours!

I thought I'd be calm in this pregnancy, but I'm a wreck. I guess when the bioclock is no longer ticking but instead the alarm is ringing like a air raid siren, the sense of urgency multiplies by 100!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 41

January 11th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad that you feel pregnant. I always laugh at wanting to feel nauseas but after my losses i loved throwing up. Lol. I love the air raid siren because it is so true, i was panicked all last night. Atleast when its all over we will have beautifull babies to hold.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran
Glad you are feeling better! I have had a lot of anxiety this time around too, just SURE that something's not right, comparing my symptoms (or lack thereof) to previous live birth pregnancies and losses. I finally reach a point where I feel so crazy I will burst, and then I suddenly feel calm again. I know there is nothing I can do right now if this is not a viable pregnancy, so I am working REALLY HARD to just enjoy it for now and assume with no bleeding all is well. I have an u/s tomorrow (7 wks 4 days) and I am torn between dreading it (fear of bad news) and not being able to wait to finally KNOW if things are ok or not. Miscarriage robs much of the joy of future pregnancies, it's just too hard not to worry even when we know worry won't help....
akwags likes this.
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
Baby #4 - BOY!!! - due Aug 31, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search