Blighted ovum at 5w2d U/S?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran
Bleeding during pregnancy is always scary - so glad things looked good!
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
Baby #4 - BOY!!! - due Aug 31, 2013
January 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hello ladies,

Another update and tons of never ending questions!

After a week of on and off brown spotting and red bleeding (couple of drops every time), I went for another U/S at 6.5 weeks today. The baby had a heartbeat of 113 bpm, which the doctor thinks is low. In conjunction with the spotting/bleeding, she thinks I might still miscarry I am keeping a positive mindset and praying...

As for the second sac, she thought it has disappeared - must have been a vanishing twin.

Anyone had a similar experience? Do you know when I might stop bleeding, if at all? Will my baby's heartbeat pickup since 6.5 might be a little early for a super high heartbeat? Thanks...
January 21st, 2013, 09:14 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for all the stress and this horrible roller coaster your on. I do pray that there is a miracle in this pregnancy for you. Im my honest opinion though, with the measuring a week behind, irregular shaped sac and low h/b at both u/s's, things do not look very good. At the end of the 6th week, the h/b should be closer to the 130's or high 120's. I would try and brace yourself and stay hopeful for a miracle. Since you had another sac (twin pregnancy) there may be some hope for this baby to catch up.....this is sometimes commen when the other twin "vanishes". Im praying for the best for you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sorta had a vanishing twin with this pregnancy. Baby A measured behind for about another 4 weeks after baby B died and then slowly caught up. Im 22 weeks now and she is all caught up and growing great. I really beleive she reacted to the other baby dying so you might be dealing with the same thing. Hopefully your cutie catches up soon. I will keep praying for you all.
January 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping things are still going well for you. The HB doesn't seem that low to me to say probable miscarriage. This baby's HB at 7w2d was 128.

Oct '11 June '12
January 31st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hello ladies, sorry for the long break. Its been a roller coaster!

At the next u/s at 6.5 weeks, there was only one sac and one baby with a HB of 113, which the doctor thought was low. I kept up my hopes while I continued to spot/bleed. And then around 7.5 weeks I bled more and started cramping, so went to the ER. They conformed that there was no HB anymore Baby had stopped growing at 6.5 weeks.

Anyway, its been 5 days since I went to ER and the bleeding process has not started yet. I am still spotting brown. I don't want to wait endlessly for the natural process to kick in. I am also confused which option to go for - D&C or Misoprostol?

Any suggestions?
January 31st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry sweetie. I can only imagine how rough this has been for you.

I would suggest the D&C, its quick and i feel like its emotionaly a better choice. Im praying for you.
January 31st, 2013, 02:22 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you are going through this

I had a D&C after my loss, and it all went very smoothly. I had very little pain or bleeding afterward. I was further along so misoprostol was not really an option for me. I might have chosen misoprostol if I had the chance, but I don't know that much about it.

I'm so sorry

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search