saying goodbye (loss ment.)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Hi, ladies. I haven't been on much over the holidays because I couldn't log on to JM with my computer. anyway, I finally got back on last week, but i experienced another loss this week. I have another blighted ovum :-( I am doing ok, really frustrated and really mad about it. I just don't understand why it keeps happening. I am going to take a few months off from TTC, try to figure out some answers and clear my head. I wish all of you the very best and I will hopefully be back when the time is right. Take care, Denise

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
January 13th, 2013, 12:02 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Denise, I'm so sorry to hear this. That must be incredibly maddening for you. I wish there was something I could say to help, but I know there isn't anything that will make it any easier for you. My heart goes out to you. I hope you can find some answers! Hugs

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I am so very sorry for your loss. It can be so frustrating to not know or understand what is happening. I hope you get some answers soon. For now, don't dwell on the anger. Trust me, it doesn't help. Let yourself grieve, but the anger will eat you alive.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 13th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry

January 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I was very angry for quite awhile after my loss. I think sometimes anger can feel good, for me I would think sometimes about the other emotions I would be feeling if I wasn't feeling angry. I would have felt powerless, helpless, and out of control, so for me the anger was sort of a way to take control and feel strong. I don't recommend it for long term, but anger is a normal response to a loss. It's part of the process of trying to make sense of it. Something precious was taken away from you, it's natural to be angry about it.

January 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
so very sorry :[

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 14th, 2013, 04:55 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm very sorry for your losses. Often it seems that there is simply no rhyme or reason to things. And that makes it all the more difficult.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 14th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry sweetie. A loss is so hard. Give yourself time to greive. Hopefully you will get some answers soon. Praying for you.
January 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

January 14th, 2013, 05:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a so sorry for your loss. I completely understand being angry. I hope you get some answers. And I hope to see you back here once you start trying again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 14th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Veteran
Thank you so much for such kind replies. i do still feel angry, but not as intensely. I feel like i sort of grieved initially, but it was like I was trying, in my head, to will this pregnancy into success. But my heart knew better and I just never allowed myself to feel really attached. The first loss was different, I cried and cried and cried and felt so empty. Now I feel empty and ticked off. I am really trying to accept that there really may be no reason, just crap luck, and the doctor on Friday seemed to verify that ("unfortunately, it is not uncommon to have multiple losses" he said so delicately). But they are willing to dig a little deeper and I am willing to tread in to those waters, just not sure how deep i want to get. I have started to stock up again for TTC, I feel like that gives me some control for some reason, but it will be a while before i feel ready to really try again. Thanks again, ladies, I'm sorry to be a downer on a pregnancy board, but you all "get it" and I really appreciate the insight and support you have given.

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
January 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I am so sorry
You are not a downer we have all been where you are and understand. I myself have come and gone from this room a couple of times.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss! I hate when doctors say "it is not uncommon", that isn't the point, it isn't something you want to be part of the "statistics" for. My doc told me that they don't usually dig until after a 3rd loss, and even then after 3 in a row, I had one, a healthy child, had another (although there had been a baby and hb for the 2nd loss and the first was a blighted ovum - doesn't make it any easier/harder/etc), but she did testing for me, the chromosomal testing showed an abnormality that was just dumb luck...it sucked! However, it also gave me hope that I wasn't at risk of the same thing happening. If they are willing to do it, even if they aren't, ask for that testing, it may not show anything, but it might and it might help you get through it a little easier! HUGS!! ANd don't feel like a Debby Downer, you are right, we do "get it", sadly
January 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. So sorry for your loss.

January 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
You're not a downer at all, we all totally understand. It can help to be able to vent your frustrations. I hope you feel free to talk here if you need, or you're welcome to visit the Pregnancy Loss board too, if you aren't a part of it already. I spent quite some time there after my loss, I think it helped.

January 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am so sorry...

January 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss

January 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry... (((hugs))) We understand it all

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im terribly sorry for your loss. I also have had a bo and I think they sometimes take a little longer to get over. Im praying that your rainbow baby is just around the corner, waiting for your arms.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search