New to this board.. 7wks 3days but not sure all is well....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By Minbad

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Hi all. This is my first time on this board (have been on a couple other JustMommies boards). I have 3 beautiful girls ages almost 9, 4 1/2, and 2 1/2. My first pregnancy following each live birth has ended in early miscarriage. The most recent was this past August at 6 wks 5 days. In the past I've gone in for HCG/progesterone monitoring right away from BFP, then gone in for an early u/s to make sure the pregnancy is progressing properly. I used to find it reassuring to "know" what was going on, didn't think I could stand the uncertainty. Well last time around that backfired. My first couple rounds of bloodwork looked great. Then the third time my sample was lost. Then the 4th round revealed (on a Fri afternoon) that my HCG was waaaaaay too low for a healthy 6 wk pregnancy. More bloodwork and ultrasounds revealed the pregnancy was not viable, but it took almost a week from first bad news until I actually miscarried. This time when I got my BFP I decided what will happen will happen regardless of the monitoring. And since my doctor is 40 minutes away and I got my BFP the Sunday before Christmas, it just seemed like it would be more stress and hassle to go in for the bloodwork. So I started taking the Prometrium I had left over from my last miscarriage (when my progesterone dropped but HCG barely rose, they went ahead and put me on Prometrium; I miscarried anyway) just as a precautionary (after my 2nd miscarriage they put me on Crinone gel as a precautionary though my progesterone looked fine). I am scheduled for an u/s tomorrow at 7 wks 4 days and am feeling this gut feeling like things are not going well. I have not had many pregnancy symptoms, and what I have had could probably be attributed to the Prometrium. With my 3 girls I was pretty wiped out with near constant nausea by this point. When I feel queasy, I start to think ok, maybe I'm just lucky that it is so mild this time around, maybe everything is ok after all. Then it goes away and I start to freak out again that I don't feel pregnant, this can't be good. Nothing to do now but wait until tomorrow at 4:30... Hoping I get some peace of mind in a little less than 30 hours. Tomorrow is going to be so hard!!
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
Baby #4 - BOY!!! - due Aug 31, 2013
January 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry about your previous losses. Each pregnancy is different so one pregnancy you could have tons of morning sickness and then not so much the next. Maybe you are pregnant with a boy this time, you know the old wise tale that you are sicker with girls than boys. I know the more symptoms you have the better and more reassured you feel though. I hope that you have a great ultrasound tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your little bean. Please update us after your appointment.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto to what she said.

I will be thinking of you too and hoping for wonderful news at your appointment tomorrow.

~Kristin~
January 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to what the other ladies said. Even though you had m/s with both previous pregnancies, perhaps this time you will be lucky. And, as my doctor told me, the symptoms can come and go with healthy pregnancies, I hope the next few hours go quickly!

January 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its probably a boy! I had barley there m/s with my boys and horrible all first trimester m/s with my girls. Praying for a great u/s with a little bean measuring spot on with a fantastic h/b!
missy123 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

January 15th, 2013, 04:38 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Prayers and good luck at your ultrasound. The first one is always SO nerve-wracking.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto what Lori said! I have 3 boys and hardly ever felt sick... with Scarlett I was on Zophran and still so ill at times that I would go days without getting out of bed.

Hoping for good news tomorrow... It is so hard, we all understand. (((hugs)))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 15th, 2013, 06:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your losses. Even just one loss can make us so doubtful of ourselves and our body's ability to carry a baby. I hope for great news for you tomorrow, I know the waiting is killer though! I have been extremely anxious prior to my ultrasounds, horrible heartburn and not being able to sleep, etc. I hope all your waiting is for a happy ending!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran
Thank you all for your reassuring words!! Today is crawling by, of course. I just want to fast forward past the appointment to the point where it's over and I know what's going on, good or bad. I just DREAD the whole idea of driving all the way there, checking in, waiting, being called back and going through the whole routine, empty bladder, undress from the waist down, cover up with this sheet, then waiting those moments that will feel like an eternity while she begins the ultrasound and I wait for word of whether she see's what is expected at 7 wks 4 days or not.... I just feel a panic attack coming on even thinking about it!!! Just about 4 1/2 hours left now...
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
January 16th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope the news today was good!

January 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there. Any update? We are thinking of you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

January 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I hope you can update soon. Thinking of you.

January 17th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
i know exactly what youre going through. with my previous pregnancy, i went in for an early confirmation u/s at 6w4d because i had 2 previous losses. I measured a week behind and a hb of 96. Four days later a second u/s revealed no HB at all. with that one, i did have light bleeding at 6w4d which prompted the u/s to happen and heavier bleeding by four days later. This time around...no bleeding, nothing bad, just not a whole lot of feeling pregnant. Had an U/s at 6w5d measured 5 days behind with hb of 104...here we go again, but NOT Bleeding, so .... I was told to go back in two weeks for another scan. Midwife told me not to get to attached....um, ok,,,, so here I am a week and 2 days later, no bleeding, no nothing, still waiting for next tuesday and it is torture. I read your post yesterday and i have been praying for you and a great outcome. I am looking forward to your update.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Papasgirl I'm so sorry for the stress and anxiety you are going through! I will pray for a happy update next week!!

As for me, I am seriously shocked to say everything was FINE! Baby measured 8w3d (versus 7w4d by LMP, I know I ovulated a couple days early but surprised by the 6 day diff). Heartrate in the 160's. No sign of any problem!! So now I know, it REALLY is possible for later pregnancies to have lesser symptoms without it signaling a problem! Thank you all for your support! I apologize for taking so long to come back and update!
EverydayJoy likes this.
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
January 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Just keep breathing.
HOORAY! What wonderful news and an incredible relief. Blessings to you, your little one and family!
January 17th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's wonderful to hear; congratulations!!!

January 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear everything was ok for you. I bet you're happy for the great news!

January 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
That is wonderful news!!! Yay!

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search