Worried and discouraged (loss & possible pg ment)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Just keep breathing.
I had a loss of my first pregnancy in November- baby passed about 10 weeks, though I didnt' find out until 13 weeks and then had a D&C Nov 8. My cycle resumed December 6. I used OPKs and ovulated on Dec 20 or 21, and got my bfp on Jan 1. Had a blood test on Jan 10 at 5w1d, hcg was 1574, and progesterone 29.4.

I *should* be 5w6d today. I had an early ultrasound today, and the tech saw a very small gestational sac with what she said looked "probably" like the beginning of a yolk sac, but it wasn't even measuring 5 weeks so she couldn't confirm anything for sure. She halfheartedly said something about maybe I didn't remember my cycle date correctly. Um, no, I remember, thanks.

In my last pregnancy, I had an early ultrasound at 5w3d, which they were able to measure right on schedule, and another at 6w3d with a heartbeat. So it seems like now, which again should be 5w6d, a sac that looks less than 5weeks is bad news.

I'm so sad and discouraged.
January 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your BFP!!

I've never had an u/s that early so I'm not sure what they normally see. When do you go back in for another one? Please try to stay positive, anything can happen. Hopefully this little guy is just taking his/her sweet time and your next u/s will be great.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 16th, 2013, 02:01 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your loss, that makes it so hard to be positive for future pregnancies, but congrats on your BFP! I would definitely wait and get another u/s, there was another lady in here who had recently had an early u/s and the doc said blighted ovum, then at 6 weeks she had a baby and a heartbeat showing. I think early ultrasounds can be very subjective, I would wait and get a repeat in a week maybe and see what they can see. It could be that their equipment is not that great, the tech might not have been super skilled, or just a bad angle and they couldn't see what they needed to see. Don't give up!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree that you shouldn't count yourself out yet. I haven't had an ultrasound that early either, but at a little past 7 weeks in this pregnancy we were just barely detecting the heartbeats, both right around 100 bpm. My RE didn't think that was abnormal at all at that gestational age, and we knew my EXACT dates since it was an IVF pregnancy. Any earlier and I don't think we'd have seen the hb's at all, which puts me a good week behind when you were able to see the hb with your first.

I'm sorry though, I know how hard and scary it is, and all the worry and tears. When do you go back for another look? I hope everything looks just perfect at your next scan.

January 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you all for your replies and comfort. I want to be hopeful... but it's so hard, feeling like I'm just setting myself up for more heartbreak.

My official first appointment with my OB is Jan 29. I think there's a good chance that she might order another ultrasound for next week (that's what happened last time) but that would be only 5 or so days before my appointment with her. So, I'm not sure if I want to make yet another hospital trip, or just wait it out.
January 17th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I know how hard the wait is. My first ultrasound with this baby was 6w4d and the tech was insisting that my LMP was not when I said because I was only measuring 5w6d...so 5 days behind. Then we saw the HB and she said she couldn't even get a read on it because it was SOOO slow and the baby was way too small. So I left crushed in tears. My midwife called the next day and read me the report. yes I did measure 5days behind. Been here before and it ended badly. However, the HB was 104, not unreadable! I go back on Tuesday (two weeks later) for another to see if this baby is making it or not. The wait is awful and I do give up sometimes and just know its over. it is so hard. With my first baby back in 2001, I had a scan at 5.5 weeks. there was a small little nothing there and the doc said that over 50percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage so not to get my hopes up.....well my small little nothing just turned 12 a few days ago. i am praying for you and hoping we both end up with beautiful healthy babies!
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
January 17th, 2013, 08:15 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what is better. Getting the U/S and getting information that makes you lose confidence, or not getting the U/S and not knowing what's going on.

I don't know when you are supposed to see a HB, an embryo or anything else. I've read so many articles and they all say something different.

I'm praying for you. KUP

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search