Another Ice Storm

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so looking forward to spring and warmer weather. Last Thursday we had a snow storm that started in the middle of the day and it took me 3 hours to pick my kids up and get home because of all the nutty people on the road. Then our power got knocked out for about 5 hours which really sucks when it's 20 degrees outside. Thankfully DH built a fire and it kept it warm enough until the power came back on. I was really glad that I was able to breastfeed and didn't have to worry about heating up a bottle.

Now tonight they are calling for an ice storm. I live in Tennessee and we rarely get snow storms or ice storms. Atleast this time it is suppose to happen over night so I'll be at home and not trying to get home in the mess.

How has everybody else's weather been lately? Have you had any big storms or are you expecting any big storms? Do you like the cold weather and storms or do you hate it?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Were not due for any big storms. Thankfully. Im in Massachusetts so we know all to well about the snow and ice. I really hope you guys keep your power. Loosing power in the winter is awfull.

I am very anti cold weather. Today it is 5° about -20° when you add in the wind chill. Our high for tonight is supposed to be -5°. Im staying home and were all in our jammies.
January 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
It's supposed to do the same here tonight. We shall see.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we're supposed to get a little snow here tonight, and it's actually been cold. I am used to much rougher winters, though, and I kind of miss the snow and cold.

I hope you don't lose your power!
January 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used to live in Alaska and now I live in a much more temperate state where the winters rarely get any snow or inclement weather. I miss the snow and/or storms! I like a little adventure, although it can be really brutal if you don't have an alternate way to stay warm if your power goes out. I'm glad you were able to have a fire! Hope you are all stocked up on firewood.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies. We haven't lost our power so that's great. We did get alot of ice so I'm hoping that it doesn't cause any of the trees to fall on the power lines but for now we are good. We are just staying home and hanging out. Thankfully it is going to warm up later today and hopefully melt all this ice off the roads.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search