1st (and only) beta result

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Just got call from RE's office...and i think i'm freaking out again. My DPO11 beta pull was:

HcG: 7,301 (how is this possible????)
Prog: 44

They aren't even bothering to pull a 2nd beta, they want me to come in for u/s on 2/14 (i'll be 5w1d)

Even in a twin situation, how can my beta be this high so early?? I've read (i know, i know) that super high levels early can be indicative of other problems with the baby so now i'm just quietly freaking out...why can't i just have a normal draw with normal doubling #s?

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that is a huge number! I'm sorry that things aren't turning out to be super straightforward. I'm sure you are in a Google frenzy! I know you were doing monitored cycles, so there isn't really a chance you could have been pregnant from the previous cycle and missed it?

I knew someone who was doing monitored cycles and they completely missed an ectopic pregnancy... she didn't find out she was even pregnant until she was 8 or 9 weeks along. I hope I'm not freaking you out, but maybe an earlier u/s would be worth it even if there isn't much chance you'll see anything?

I really hope everything turns out to be fine... crossing my fingers that you just have a couple super early implanters in there
February 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
Wow, that is a huge number! I'm sorry that things aren't turning out to be super straightforward. I'm sure you are in a Google frenzy! I know you were doing monitored cycles, so there isn't really a chance you could have been pregnant from the previous cycle and missed it?

I knew someone who was doing monitored cycles and they completely missed an ectopic pregnancy... she didn't find out she was even pregnant until she was 8 or 9 weeks along. I hope I'm not freaking you out, but maybe an earlier u/s would be worth it even if there isn't much chance you'll see anything?

I really hope everything turns out to be fine... crossing my fingers that you just have a couple super early implanters in there
Yeah there's no chance my dates were wrong and no chance of a preg from prior cycle...they are careful with all of that b/c the meds i was on would have been dangerous to a pregnancy. The date is precise b/c they had us abstain until after the IUI so Mon 1/21 is the very earliest conceivable conception date...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is a really big number for 11dpo. Are you positive about your dates? I'm sure you are. Maybe it is twins!! I know with Jacob I had really high numbers and they only did one draw but I don't remember how high the number was or how many dpo it was.

I'm keeping my fingers crosses that all is okay with baby. It's too bad that your dr won't do an u/s earlier just to try to give you some piece of mind.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 1st, 2013, 10:52 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
Yeah there's no chance my dates were wrong and no chance of a preg from prior cycle...they are careful with all of that b/c the meds i was on would have been dangerous to a pregnancy. The date is precise b/c they had us abstain until after the IUI so Mon 1/21 is the very earliest conceivable conception date...
I'm glad that your doctors were following you so carefully. I will be thinking of you and hoping that all is well with your baby/babies
February 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, how scary! Could it be the trigger still being retained for some weird reason? I know you said you had your u/s and the folies had turned into large cysts at that point.....could they be producing hcg? I really hope you get some answers soon and pray that a miracle did happen!! If they wont give you a u/s sooner than the 14th, I would request at least another beta...see what direction they are going in. Lots of prayers for you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, Lara!

February 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm keeping everything cross that there is an explanation, hopefully twins.

February 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that is crazy. Hopefully you're just one of those people on the high high end of the range of betas, and have a super healthy bean! KUP!!

February 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, that is an insane number for 11dpo, even for multiples...glad that they are getting you in for an early u/s, really interested to find out what in the world is going on in there...heres to hope <3
February 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
WOW that is a very high number... Thinking about you. I hate early pregnancy days feel like weeks.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 1st, 2013, 08:29 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
wow that IS a super high beta. I hope everything is just perfect though. Your progesterone looks great!!! I wish mine was that high haha. Mine never wants to get above 20 and thats even on supplements!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 1st, 2013, 08:54 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I would like beg for another beta...

Possible lab error? That's a very high number.

Keep us updated.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
February 2nd, 2013, 03:48 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I was also thinking lab error?

Im keeping my finger crossed its just a whole bunch of babys cooking

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
that is high! I had pretty high numbers at 6 weeks, I think it was around 66,000, they told me that was pretty high. I had a healthy baby back in June

Everything is crossed that things are going well!

February 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been away and just got back home today...wow that is a huge number for your hcg! I hope it was just an error or that there is a reasonable explanation (that includes a healthy baby!). T&P my friend!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search