Another son leaves for boot camp

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just 2yrs ago, I typed a long post about my oldest leaving for the Army......it has gotten a little easier, but I still cry when he comes home and cry when he leaves again.....I miss him so much. He has turned into such an amayzing man. Im so very proud of him. One day he will make a special woman very happy.

Now my 18yr old son leaves for the Marines on the 14th. One week left of him being my little boy. Im going through the mourning already. I cry every time Im alone. I have flash backs of all his child hood. I have so many regrets and so many good memories. Im sure he has the same. The relationship with him has been tried over the last couple years. The divorce was hardest on him. He moved in with his dad just 2yrs after the divorce and only lives a block away. he is here, at my home, every day. the last 2 months, he has been here every day, spending time with me and his little siblings. Its making it even harder on me. Vinny is the most like me out of all of my kids. He is a hard one to get.....but I do get him. My heart is breaking all over again, like it did the day he moved out. Leaving for the military is so much harder than watching your kids go off to college. I have fears that I will never see him again. My fear for Vinny is 10X more than I had for Mikey. I cant explain it, its like a mothers intuition. Nothing prepares you for the day they get on the plane and you sit and wait for them to come home again. Nothing.

I will be scarce over the next couple of weeks as I sit and wait, wait for his last day home....his first day back. I will mourn, cry, and walk around like a zombie, like I did when Mikey left. Why couldnt they just go to college like everyone else? Why does it have to be so hard? Pray for him and for his brother...I want them home safe one day to start their lives and be happy, thats all I hope for.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 4th, 2013, 07:01 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this and having to watch him leave. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. I'm be praying for both boys and for you and hoping that both of them come home safe and that you will be ok while they are gone. We will be here for you if you need us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 4th, 2013, 01:00 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Lori i don't even pretend to know what you're going through...just thinking of being separated from Savannah for college can get me teared up much less sending your child off into danger. HUGE HUGS for you, you are a very strong woman and I hope your boys stay safe while they are serving our country...i'm sure the Marines will do the same for Vinny as the Army did for his older brother, and it sounds like it really helped shape him into a wonderful man you can be so very proud of as his mom (((((HUGS))))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am sorry I know that would be SO hard. Jeremy is military (a Marine) so I feel like there's a big chance Ethan will want to follow his footsteps.

*hugs*

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 4th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just want to offer you hugs! I can't fathom what you are going through, I am very thankful for people like your sons, people that go out and defend our country, thankful that they have supportive family members like yourself. I will keep you all in my thoughts!

February 4th, 2013, 02:56 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine! That must be so hard for you!! I have already made a list in my head of the professions my son is not allowed to do, because they would worry me too much! Army/military is right up there at the top! Of course, once they're of age, they get to make their own decisions...T&P for your precious boys!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you everyone. Im off tonight for the proud parent meeting. Never did this with my older one, but for Vinny, it is important to him that I go. I get to go with him and my ex husband......joy to me! Going to be the longest 2hrs out of this house that I have had in a long time....never thought I'd be spending it with my ex! My poor DH is home with 3 sick kids, the baby, my 15mo old and my 2yr old.....all have croop!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow I hope your little ones feel better soon! Croup sounds bad! I know it's a respiratory illness but can't remember how dangerous it is...all I recall is how back in the day it was life threatening (but I'm sure now with medical advances it's not as bad). Hope the time goes fast and you don't have to interact with your ex too much

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 4th, 2013, 06:51 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow... you are such a strong lady, and it sounds like you have raised 2 brave and amazing sons! I can't even imagine how scary it is to watch them head off to the military. Huge hugs and tons of thoughts for your sons to stay safe! I hope your little ones are feeling better soon, too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search