Back from RE appt (you won't believe this)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 02:15 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I don't even know how to start this post....and this is a classic example of the simplest answer is usually correct.

So i'm not 4w5d pregnant...i'm 7w6d pregnant (!!!) which means, yes, I did an entire cycle of fertility meds injections while already pregnant and i'm completely freaking out about it. It also completely explains the tremendously high hcg levels at the initial beta draw.

On the good news side, baby is measuring perfectly against my prior cycle's dates (likely conceived Jan 1) and had a hb of 174.

On the bad news side, there is a pool of blood next to the baby which explains the bleeding and RE said I can expect to continue to bleed for awhile based on the size of it.

RE is trying to reassure me he doesn't think the Menopur would harm the baby...i want to believe him, i'm so worried though i don't know what to think. RE has never seen anything like this either - I had a neg hpt 1 day before my period started (obviously not a period, but I bled for 4 days and heavily for a couple). RE is not discharging me at this point (normally he would after 7wk with a healthy hb) based on how bizarre the whole situation is & how i'm still bleeding. I go back for another u/s on Monday...if the dating & hb still look good he will discharge me then.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 11th, 2013, 02:24 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, what a miracle Lara! I know this whole first trimester is going to go by so slowly for you, I know you will have so many worries (about the meds you took) but this baby was meant to be! The biggest miracle I have seen in a long time. Praying hard for nice healthy scan next week and for you to finish out your few weeks left in the first trimester!! You only have 4 more wks left until your in your second trimester, WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
Pitridge and humnck like this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
BTW, Im shocked they did not see the sac when they checked your ovulation....you would of been over 5wks? Wow, what a miracle!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

February 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm shocked too, but I watched the entire scan and there was nothing visible in the uterus and they spent quite a bit of time on that part of the scan measuring lining...equally unreal, you'd think the uterine lining would have been thicker than usual at the start of the "cycle" (they measure that every scan too) and it wasn't or it def. would have flagged for the RE.

I'm just floored...as is the RE, he can't believe it either...and that I started the prog, the Lovenox, the baby aspirin critically late (at ~6w5d by the new count) has me completely panicked if by some miracle the meds didn't harm the baby then maybe this is my sticky one (despite all this scary bleeding) because it sure as heck as beaten every odd possible to make it to this point.

On the negative side, I've had only minimal m/s (mine is usually awful) which didn't have me worried when I thought i wasn't even 5wks along...but now knowing i'm almost 8wk is worrisome.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 11th, 2013, 02:49 PM
You dont even have a typical situation, where you can line up the hcg level you were at last week (which would be low for 6w5d) due to the fact that you had fertility meds (trigger) which would cause your levels to be all over the place....up, down, up, down.......this could be why your m/s is not showing her ugly face...YET! You have to throw everything out the window when it comes to what is normal and not normal now. You will drive yourself batty trying to figure it out, lol. Just be blessed in the moment that you have a thriving little bean with a beautiful h/b right now!!

February 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well that explains the high hcg!!!! Wow!!!!! You have a miracle bean in there. Many T&P that it sticks. It has survived a lot of bleeds so far so that is a great sign that the SCH is not in a place that is going to dislodge the embryo's implantation.

Just goes to show that ultrasound is not like perfect vision. They can see what they can see but it is not everything. When I had a huge SCH with M and kept bleeding they just couldn't see the cause anywhere. Finally with a Level II at 14.5 weeks they found the remains on top of my cervix but never saw where it came from.

February 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is great!!! Yeah for little baby miracles! Im so so happy for you.
February 11th, 2013, 06:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Wow! That is awesome! Crazy, but awesome!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2013, 12:15 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Holy cow! What a crazy, miraculous little sticky bean you have growing in there!!! Praying all goes perfectly and that you get to tell this little one the miracle of their conception one day!

February 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
What a story!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!! Can't wait to hear the results on the next u/s!

February 12th, 2013, 06:10 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
That's amazing. How they missed that, I can't even imagine! Congratulations, I hope everything is perfect!

[/url
February 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Lara I'm shocked. I can't believe that they didn't see something at 5 weeks. I am praying that this little guy is a keeper. It definitely sounds like a miracle to me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I had bad m/s with my first at 4w, with my 2nd I thought I was going to be a "lucky" one, because I hadn't gotten it, but at around 8.5 weeks I got m/s and my numbers at 6w were very high. So, "normal" can definitely be thrown out of the window!

Grow beanie!!

February 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
That is so awesome! I am so excited you are in my ddc T&P everything will be just fine!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 13th, 2013, 04:25 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
This little one sounds like a fighter!

Stick, baby, stick!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
February 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lara, first - Congratulations! I have been so worried and stressed for you. and WOW! This baby is meant to be, against all the odds.

Don't put too much stock in comparing pregnancies. My first, I was sick until the day I delivered. This time, I haven't been sick once and I am almost 22 weeks. Pretty much everything about this pregnancy is opposite of the first two.
missy123 likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Hi there! Lurking from May DDC... Congrats on your pregnancy! I too have a subchorionic hematoma (the pool of blood you're referring to in your OP). Mine was massive and I had a horrific hemorrhage in November. I'm currently still preggo at 26 weeks along! If you've never had an SCH before, I wanted to let you know, you may have bleeding. Like... possibly a LOT of bleeding. Don't freak! If it happens, call your doctor and ask them to meet you at the nearest ER or if you can get to their office, do that and ask them for an ultrasound. It doesn't necessarily mean the end of the pregnancy... it could just be the clot bleeding itself out.

If you want, you can check out my blog and see what happened to me with my bleed and I have a link on there that explains SCHs in better detail. Good luck with your pregnancy!

My Boring Blog
February 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has to be your miracle baby, to me the baby has beat the odds. So far there is nothing normal about this pg, and every pg is different.

February 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
*lurking*

That's amazing! Like others said this has to be your miracle baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search