A lot to update, positive FFN test,trips to L&D, bed rest...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By Happy Song
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 03:42 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I try to update here and my DDC in June.

Last week on Wednesday I had my regular doctor's apt and told him about all the contractions I had been having in the past couple of weeks, I even had a few in the office. Doc did a FFN (Fetal Fibronectin) test and we heard him tell his nurse to schedule a pickup that night (my appt was at 4:30 that day and labs had already picked up for the day). I told myself and all family and friends that I really thought it was going to come back negative and that maybe I was just being whiny and not having contractions, I was just uncomfortable and pregnant and being a baby. Sadly next morning results were positive. I had to go to L&D for monitoring and sure enough contractions. U/S was great, fluid levels good, cervix good and baby measured 1 lb 11 oz

I was put on modified bed rest and given Procardia to take if needed. Sunday meds weren't working, went back to L&D, same monitoring. But now I am on strict bed rest and taking meds 3x a day.

I know the ultimate goal is keep this cookie baking but it is hard with the new stress of being bed ridden, not working and receiving a full paycheck (luckily I have benefits and do get a pro-rated salary while off), not being able to take my girls out when I want and being confined to the house all day.

Sorry this was so long, just needed to vent to other moms who may have been in my position or are right now and understand.

~Kristin~
March 15th, 2013, 04:26 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Although I have never gone through what you are experiencing, it is a huge fear of mine. I know how difficult this must be on you and your family and pray for strength for you to make it through with a full term baby. Its a lot of work on the entire family and hopefully you have some sort of help.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 15th, 2013, 05:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had that experience but wanted to say you have my sympathy! It's gotta be hard on you to just have to sit and do nothing. It's smart you went in even though you thought you were probably just having normal pregnancy symptoms. I hope things calm down soon and you can get back up and moving around without fear.
I guess the positive side is the baby is still in, and not struggling for life in the NICU, but that's not much comfort I'm sure when you're trying to deal with all this.
princess136 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry that you are on bed rest. I went into labor with Jacob at 33 weeks. the labor did stop but I was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy and couldn't pick up my other son or do much at all. It was hard but it was over before I knew it and I was holding my healthy baby boy who was born at 39 weeks. It will be hard but just keep thinking that you are doing this for your sweet baby and it won't be forever. We'll be here for you if you need us.
princess136 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry this is happening. I had a somewhat similiar experience with my first, i was admitted to the hospital for 4 weeks until he was strong enough to come out. My #2 baby i was on bed rest for 12 weeks. It basicly sucks but your an amazing mommy for doing this for your baby. Feel free to blow off steam here anytime. Coloring books are amazing for while your on bed rest. I found them relaxing and kinda fun.
princess136 likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I was on light bed rest for high blood pressure. I loved my lap top. Now I have a kindle fire. I think it will be so much more comfortable than a lap top, less heat. It does everything my computer does, and is is small. I borrow books from my library on mine. I can watch tv and movies, from the internet.

My husband cooked and cleaned but went back to school six weeks before I delivered. So we did a cook it once for the month, actually two. Some all I had to do was pop it in the oven, crock pot or microwave. Preparing food was a godsend.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-cook-off.html
princess136 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are going through this, I can't even imagine! I am so glad that you do get paid, because that is one less stress to deal with. I hope the time flies for you and that baby cooks for as long as she needs to be healthy!! HUGS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
What a great post! I need to do this just for regular, every day life
princess136 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search