question for those with rainbow babies

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A little back story, im 30 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I had 1 loss, then 2 babies, 1 loss, then this pregnancy where we lost the twin at 9 weeks.
Im so excited to have made it this far despite having contractions off and on and some other issues. We set up the nursery and re did the kids room. I have everything we need for this little girl and yet i cant imagine ever having her. I look at all her little clothes and i cant picture her ever wearing them. I have thought about how i would explain her death to my kids and i have even said during prayers " God i understand if you want her back". I feel like an awful mother for thinking these things. Have any of you had these feelings this late in a pregnancy? I feel like by now i should feel better about her not worse.
March 20th, 2013, 06:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I worried about Jacob until the moment I was holding him after delivery and I still worry about him. I think after a loss you will worry about losing your child until that baby is born safely. I love JM but I think for me anyway it has brought alot of loss to my attention and caused me to worry even more. There are so many women on this site who have suffered losses that no woman should ever have to experience. I think what you are feeling is normal. Hopefully the next 10 weeks will fly by and you will be holding your sweet baby girl before you know it.

Just for a point of reference with my first child I had not suffered a loss and the thought never crossed my mind that I would lose him before he was born. I miss those days when I was full of blissful ignorance.
humnck likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((Hugs)) Beth, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I can't say that it's like that for me, but then I only had one loss, prior to the 2nd trimester, and you've had 3 losses now. I would think it would be absolutely normal to feel like you are when you've had to face that kind of grief that many times. Also, I think in our DDC there have been two or three stories the ladies have posted about stillbirths in family members or another DDC. That's enough to make anyone nervous, but to someone who has lost babies in the past, it can really shake your belief that your baby will make it.
Don't feel like a bad mother...like I've heard it said here in PMAL before, you have all the rest of your baby girl's lifetime to bond with her, so even if you don't feel you can really embrace her life at this point, once she is in your arms you can allow yourself to feel that bond and that love. Your body is still lovingly nourishing her, even if your emotions aren't quite where you want them to be.
Happy Song likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you both so much. I think it just took awhile for everything to hit me. We set up the nursery and i did fine with that. But now that my due date is getting closer and my babies usually come early, i just feel so detached from her and so undeserving of her. I do hope that once i hold her i will feel more connected.
March 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
It's so normal (sadly), I had Savannah after a loss and panicked every day until she was born that something would happen...bought almost nothing until I was 8-9 months along, so fearful of what might happen. My anxiety with this pregnancy is even worse...try to take things day by day, I'm sorry we can't all be blissfully happy & ignorant of the worst case scenario ((((hugs)))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My fear of still birth has always been greater than my fear of early m/c. I figured I always move past my early loss's, but fear of how I would ever move past a still birth, is something I cant picture. We always fear for our babys, while they are in us and even more so when they are born. Your little girl will be here before you know it, and I pray for her birth to be an absolute beautiful experience.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Yes I did and still do. Bryson is 10 months old now and I still find myself laying my hand on his chest to feel for a breath or his heart beating.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I had two babies, then three rapid fire early losses, then two more babies. Once I was past my early loss dates I relaxed, I did not worry once about my baby, even as they couldn't find his heart beat with a Doppler. The shock was horrific.

I think you are perfectly normal and natural to insulate yourself from that kind of pain.

March 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As I walked out the door to go to the hospital to have Scarlett I took a quick belly picture, looked around my bedroom and said to myself "I hope that the boys and my husband throw all this baby stuff away before I get home if something bad happens"... I never thought negative like this ever in my life. There were times up until she was about 6 months old when I would wake up frightened and sweating fearing that she was gone. Loss really changes us in ways we never expected. (((hugs))) What you are going through I felt as well.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search