Just found out that i am pregnant.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Last year I took a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. only to find out the baby had no heart beat in September at 8 weeks. I oped for a DNC as they told me that it could be up to another 8 weeks. to miscarry. This week i found out yet again i am pregnant. just about 4 weeks and 1 day, according to the calculator online. called the doctor made an app for April 23 the same day that my MMC from last year was due. and needless to say I little worried. I switched doctors after the MMC, because i though the doctors office handled it horribly. can anyone tell me if there is a way to put my mind at rest. thank you for any advise.

Stephanie.
March 23rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
I also found out around 8-9 weeks (my first prenatal appt) of my last pregnancy that the baby had no heartbeat. I too chose to have a D&C. My OB told me at my follow up that if I were to get a positive preg test and miss my af, to call the office and they would have me come in to monitor my levels starting early on. Not that monitoring could prevent another m/c, but just for reassurance.

I am pg now (around 8.5 wks), so I did call and they had me come in the next week after missing af to take a blood test. They measured my hcg and then a few days later they repeated the test to see if my #'s were increasing as they should be. My progesterone levels were also tested which came back as low end of normal, so my OB started me on a progesterone supplement. I had to take them while I was pg with my dd, so when I m/c in the fall, I immediately worried that maybe my progesterone had tanked and that's what caused it. Only God knows what caused the m/c, but I do feel better being on the supplement this time. At 7 wks I went in for a transvag u/s which showed my little bean with a lil fluttering h/b. A beautiful thing! I go in this next week again for another u/s, so while I am still nervous, I am trying to stay positive.

It is up to you, but if you explain your situation to your new dr's office, they may run some tests for you before your appt on the 23rd. It may vary depending on the doc.

Congratulations on your bfp & keep us posted!
March 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
I also found out around 8-9 weeks (my first prenatal appt) of my last pregnancy that the baby had no heartbeat. I too chose to have a D&C. My OB told me at my follow up that if I were to get a positive preg test and miss my af, to call the office and they would have me come in to monitor my levels starting early on. Not that monitoring could prevent another m/c, but just for reassurance.

I am pg now (around 8.5 wks), so I did call and they had me come in the next week after missing af to take a blood test. They measured my hcg and then a few days later they repeated the test to see if my #'s were increasing as they should be. My progesterone levels were also tested which came back as low end of normal, so my OB started me on a progesterone supplement. I had to take them while I was pg with my dd, so when I m/c in the fall, I immediately worried that maybe my progesterone had tanked and that's what caused it. Only God knows what caused the m/c, but I do feel better being on the supplement this time. At 7 wks I went in for a transvag u/s which showed my little bean with a lil fluttering h/b. A beautiful thing! I go in this next week again for another u/s, so while I am still nervous, I am trying to stay positive.

It is up to you, but if you explain your situation to your new dr's office, they may run some tests for you before your appt on the 23rd. It may vary depending on the doc.

Congratulations on your bfp & keep us posted!
March 23rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stephanie---I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard being pregnant again after a m/c, and I know I have worried this pregnancy sooo much more than when I was pregnant with my first, before I had lost one. I don't think there's a lot you can do to not worry, other than have your doc run whatever tests will help ease your fears, to monitor your hcg levels or early u/s or whatever seems to help you. Some people find that they obsess too much with all the tests and it's better for them to just wait and see. Do what seems best for you, and try not to feel bad for worrying or not being 100% excited yet. Especially with your first appointment the same day as your angel's due date, that must be really hard. Those milestones are hard to get through. I hope having this little bean growing inside you will help bring you hope and comfort as you remember the one you lost.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 24th, 2013, 09:15 PM
thank you for your kind words. I guess i am just worried. I am just hopping the next few weeks go by fast. thank you again.
March 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Regular
Hi and welcome. I agree with everyone, after 2 miscarriages I have been a wreck since I found out I was pregnant. I had 3 betas done which helped, but I elected to stop running the tests once I saw the sac at 5w. The tests helped at the start but then I started to obsess over them. Last week I saw a hb at 7w 2 d and that helped, but I am still uneasy. My doc still runs my progesterone though. I think it is something you just have to pray over and leave in God's hands. I have another appointment this week and am hopeful.

Just hold tight. It is hard to accept that you can't change anything. We will be praying for your baby!
March 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
First off congratulations on your pregnancy.
PAL is so hard. I had a couple pregnanys end with the same story as you.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 26th, 2013, 05:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy. you might check with your office about doing some blood work to help ease some of your anxiety. You might also see if they will do an early ultrasound to help you. So glad you are here with us and so glad your pregnant. Sending you lots of sticky dust!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
thank you how early will they do an ultrasound?
March 28th, 2013, 05:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dr will do an ultrasound at 6 weeks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your BFP! I would call and see what your new doc can do to ease your worries. Also remember, sometimes an u/s being done too early could cause more worry because u/s can't pick things up super early. My doc would do it at around 6w as long as my betas were high enough (I think she waited until 6000, but docs differ with that number). At 6w the heart starts beating (give or take a day or two), so if you opt for the u/s that early, keep that in mind

Good luck, I hope your new doc can help ease your worries!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search