Being doctorless is scary.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My old OB/GYN that I loved closed her office in November. At the time, I wasn't thinking we were going to have another baby, so I had my records transferred to my family doctor who can take care of the normal GYN stuff.

If this pregnancy had been planned, I'd have gotten a doctor beforehand. But...it's not and I didn't, so I don't have a doctor. I'm working on getting referrals from the people I go to church with and stuff, but right now I'm doctorless. And it's starting to freak me out more than a little.

So far everything seems okay, and I've got most of a bottle of zofran left from the end of my pregnancy with Allison, but I really need a doctor quickly!!

And everyone around me says "Oh you've got time." They just don't understand, that it's not that I'm expecting something to wrong, I just like the comfort of having someone to take care of me in case it does. (Like with Allison when I woke up to gushes of blood at about 7 weeks. I was up before the office was open, but you bet the moment 8am hit I was on the phone!)

April 13th, 2013, 11:42 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, that must be really hard. For me early pregnancy weeks were the most nerve-wracking, so it must be difficult to be without a provider at this time. I hope you find someone very soon!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I got a couple referrals from ladies at church today. Hopefully I'll be able to get in soon, if only for a script for zofran (since I'm only 4 weeks tomorrow! lol)
melissalaw and EverydayJoy like this.

April 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're feeling that sick already? I feel for you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck. I hope you find a good dr. I know I would be lost without my dr. Having a dr is important but having one you like is even more important.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 15th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
You're feeling that sick already? I feel for you!
I always do. I start feeling nauseated at conception basically (2 dpo this time), and start vomiting uncontrollably sometime between 5 & 6 weeks. I have most of a bottle leftover from my last pregnancy, so I'm okay for a bit. But I need to get in quickly.

April 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh no, I hope you find a doc that can get you in quickly! If not, perhaps you could call your old doc and ask that they call one of the new ones to try and squeeze you in faster?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search