Brown Blood, 10w6d - Thoughts?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By suzy4gt
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Regular
Hi ladies,

Thank you for helping me through my first weeks of pregnancy. Everything has progressed well, we last saw the heartbeat at 8w1d, and I am now 10w6d. I have another appointment in 10 days, when I am 12 weeks exactly.

Everything has been fine, but I just went to the bathroom and wiped. I had stringy dark brown discharge on the toilet paper. I have since checked for more blood but my finger comes out with creamy yellow discharge. I am freaking out. I feel like this is how my miscarriages started but has anyone had this?

All the articles say this is normal with the exception of the one or two that say that is how their MC started. Just looking for some honesty...

Please help
Suzy

Also, having some mild cramping. Not bad, but very noticeable.
April 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I had spotting around this time with Marsi. With my other losses, I freaked out and got an emergency ultrasound. Everything was perfect. It was my SCH resolving itself. If you are worried, or if it picks up, I would make a call into your OB.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 15th, 2013, 05:38 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
My miscarriages started that way. However, many other things can cause spotting. Brown is always better than pink or red. I would put a call into your OB and ask for a quick transvaginal u/s or doppler check for reassurance.

April 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Both of my miscarriages started out with brown spotting...then seemed to go away but then came back more rusty then red colored

However I did have spotting with this one at 7 weeks (both of my losses were 7 weeks along) and I just knew it was over. I went in the next day for an ultrasound and there was a HB! I was so surprised. I fully expected the worst and had no hope at all. Sad to say but when all you have known is loss after seeing spotting its hard to think anything otherwise.

So its def possible everything is ok. Ive heard of women full on bleeding dark red blood and everything be ok. *hugs*

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
April 16th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Regular
Update. Have red and pink blood this am will call doc.
April 16th, 2013, 05:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm praying for you and baby. Please let us know what the dr says. Hope all is okay.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Regular
Hello all. Had ultrasound and baby is fine! Don't know the cause of the bleed, keeping an eye on it!
April 16th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay, so glad baby is ok! I was going to say, I had heavy bleeding with both of my healthy pregnancies at around 8-8.5 weeks. It is so scary!

Did you DTD? That can cause irritation of the cervix, which can cause bleeding. Just a thought, I am sure your doc has already gone through that with you though

April 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great news!! I hope the bleeding stops. I know how scary bleeding in pregnancy can be.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I am glad you called and that baby is okay! Did you DTD before? Irritated cervix can cause spotting.

April 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Regular
What is DTD?
April 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Have sex. Do the dirty...

April 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A little perspective on spotting between 10-12wks. This is the time that the placenta takes over the progesterone creation. Your pregnancy cyst is now disolving (this is what has been making the progesterone so far) and the placenta is in the final stages of being fully functional. During this transistion (msp) your progesterone levels will fluctuate a little bit, sometimes causing slight spotting. Even if your on supplements. I usually refer to this example when nothing else can be seen on u/s or pelvic exam.

Glad baby is doing great and hope the spotting go's completely away!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Regular
Ah no DTD. We are both afraid to do anything
April 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So glad everything is looking good! I've had spotting with my last healthy pregnancy and my losses. I used to see spotting and think that was the end, but now I've known sooo many people who have had it and had no problems. I had a lot with this last pregnancy around 7 weeks off and on for a few weeks. It was even dark red at one point, but everything was fine here too.

April 17th, 2013, 08:21 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had a scare but so glad baby is OK! I had some spotting in early pregnancy with my DS and it made me a little nervous, I hadn't had any losses yet at that point so I wasn't as afraid as I would be now. But he turned out perfectly normal.
I love the detailed explanation Lori gave! It's really nice to know the inner workings of why some things happen--it can help alleviate a lot of anxiety.
My DH and I refrained from DTD until around the end of the first trimester--we were too scared, too!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search