Joy-Everydayjoy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joy give us an update on you and baby Kody. I know you don't have that much longer. I just wanted to see how you were doing and let you know I was thinking about you guys.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 19th, 2013, 08:25 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw thanks Melissa.

So I had an ultrasound today on him, his kidneys are still dilated (meaning pee is backed up a bit in there causing them to be swollen a bit), but they are stable, so no change from last time he had an ultrasound. So that's good news, because previously it was getting worse each time they looked.

We met with a urologist about a week ago, and he recommended that Kody, after he's born, get some imaging done---an ultrasound of his kidneys first, and then a voiding cystourethrogram. That one is where they catheterize him, shoot dye into his bladder, and then watch him pee it out on xray to see if it is refluxing back up into the kidneys. The urologist also recommended that he be on a low dose of antibiotics pretty much indefinitely, which I'm not thrilled with. I'm looking into herbal/homeopathic ways I could go to avoid the antibiotics. They want to make sure he doesn't get a UTI, so that's why the recommendation, just as a preventative measure. He'll be circumcised as well...so I feel like my little baby has some really uncomfortable things ahead of him. But luckily they are short-lived pains, and I can have him back after that, so we shouldn't be separated very long. The urologist also said they don't see any indication that they need to induce me at all, so I can just go into labor naturally.

On ultrasound today he is sunny side up, so I hope the little booger turns back! He was facing the correct way last time. Getting more frequent and uncomfortable BH and just ready to be done! Maybe next week will be my lucky week?

Yesterday, at my OB exam, I was 3 cm and 50% effaced. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I hope it means things are moving along!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 20th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Im sorry your little man is facing some uncomfortable things upon his new life, but they are for the greater good. I am glad things are looking well for you. So 3cm?! Holy cow....that is great! ANY DAY NOW...... YAY! Let us know when the fireworks beging......whoo hoo
EverydayJoy likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Will do, Stefanie! I can't wait...I'm all ready to go!

April 22nd, 2013, 07:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not much longer now. I'm glad his kidneys are stable and haven't gotten any worse. i don't blame you for not wanting him on antibiotics indefinitely. I hate it when my kids are on antibiotics. Keep us updated on your progress. 3cm is great.

Are you planning on going natural, no drugs or epi? In hope he turns for you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Melissa, yep planning on no interventions if at all possible! I have a doula too that will be helping me. So I hope to be able to get through it without meds, but it would be very helpful if he did turn!
My 3 year old, when I was birthing him, was in the correct position, so IDK if that helps that your previous baby was facing the right way. I'm sure it's more of an individual thing as far as baby's preferences. Hope he goes easy on Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search