HELP! DISAPPEARING SYMPTOMS at 4 weeks, 5 days! Previous Miscarriage!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Hey all! Please help ease my mind (or confirm my fears)!

I am 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant following my first cycle of Clomid and unfortunately we lost a baby at 4 weeks about a year ago.

And I am WORRIED!

I got my first positive pregnancy test at 11DPO... since then my tests have consistently had darker positives (I am totally one of those test addicts and have tested EVERY day since my first positive). I had my first HCG taken this past Thursday (04/25) and got a result of 263. I had my second HCG drawn on Saturday (04/27) and am anxiously awaiting my results.

Here's where my worry sets in...

Up until today I have had mild cramping/tugging in my lower left abdomen - I was actually thrilled about this! I have researched and it seems totally normally and GOOD to have these! I also have had some tenderness in my boobs off and on. Then I woke up this morning and the cramps and breast tenderness are completely gone!!!!

My mind is automatically going straight to miscarriage and/or blighted ovum. Can anyone tell me if they have had this situation in the past (or now) and what came of it? Is this normal in pregnancy? Or should I truly be worried?

Unfortunately, my doctor won't give me my first ultrasound until I reach 6 weeks - and I totally don't want to do this worrying thing for the next week and a half. I know that stress/worrying is not good for my baby!

HELLPPPPPPP, please?!
April 28th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry your dealing with this. Unfortunatly the worry will never go away. With this pregnancy i had symptoms from 3-6 weeks and then nothing for a week and then my symptoms came back 20x stronger. Today im 35w 6d and for about 15 mins, while running around with my 4yo i actually forgot i was pregnant. My point being that the symptoms will come and go and they will change alot, its completly normal to have some time when you feel "normal" again. However after a loss feeling anything but really pregnant is scary. Feel free to pop in with any questions or concerns, were all here to help.
humnck likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much for the response! Its nice to feel supported by complete strangers!

I just wish those yucky symptoms would come back! Sounds crazy! Haha

I am really trying to take some deep breaths and relax... I know its whats best for the baby.

And Congrats to you - your baby will be here before you know it!
April 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand the feeling too...I would watch my body like a hawk that first trimester and there were times I could swear my boobs were deflating, or oh no, my morning sickness was getting better, or anything, you name it...there are definitely days where it seems like your symptoms are going away. I would chalk it up to fluctuating hormones and try not to panic too much about it! I know that's easier said than done but just because your symptoms seem to go away, doesn't necessarily mean disaster is in the cards for you.
I wish you ALL the best on this pregnancy and I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from here on out!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, congrats on your new pregnancy! Symptoms for me never got regular until after 6wks. Before then, it was every other day, or some days were worse than others. Hang in there, sounds like your first hcg draw was EXCELLENT. Praying for your sticky rainbow baby!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!

I agree, the symptoms do come and go for the first few weeks. My doctor warned me and assured me that they would do that in fact. She reminded me a few times that I would have some "good" days where I felt completely normal and others that would be "bad" where I would feel terrible and she was so right. I know it is hard not to worry when you feel good, it's the only time when you want to feel gross, right?! LOL!

I hope you get your numbers soon so you can have some reassurance!

Doing an u/s prior to 6 weeks would probably cause extra worry as well, they can't typically see much before the 6 week mark and would not likely see a hb anyways, because the heart doesn't start beating until around 6 weeks. Even then, sometimes, they can't pick the hb up. So, it might be better that you can't get one until 6 weeks anyways, even if it means you have to wait

April 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so sorry that you are worrying. It is so normal to worry in a pregnancy after a loss. What you are experiencing is completely normal. I didn't have any symptoms as early as you are and I worried constantly. Hopefully your HCG went up alot and that will help with the worrying.

Please update us after you get your results.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 29th, 2013, 08:38 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and go through the same things! Up until fri I had no morning sickness at all, and now its all day long sickness. Some days my boobs are less sore than others.

Here's to hoping time flies by for your appt/U/S!!!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

April 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I totally understand your situation. My first two losses were chemical losses. With my last two losses (8 and 9 wks) I had nausea and breast twinges before my bfp then once I got the bfp, they seemed to disappear and never returned. NOW, this time, I had the same thing....nausea and breast twinges before bfp and then by the time AF was due, they were gone! Of course, I panicked and then about 4 days ago, the nausea came back (and it comes and goes from day to day) and the boob twinges came back off and on. They never hurt though...just more nipple sensitivity if I hit them. They are no bigger, but the areola is wider, a little darker and and lined with veins. i am constantly checking them to make sure they are not normal again. I pray for nausea to kick in and I love getting some mild twinges and cramps....all reassurance. Like you, i am a nervous wreck. I opted this time not to have an ultra sound before 8 weeks. At this point, if something is not right, there is absolutely nothing that can be done. Until 24 weeks, its all in God's hands and doctors cannot do anything. Once you hit 8 weeks, without question, everything will be visible on ultrasound...heartbeat, baby etc. no questioning. so you may want to wait on the ultrasound. having one at 6 weeks can be inaccurate. Especially if you ovulated later than you think. I know how hard it is to stay calm. i am in the same boat....only time will tell.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I wanted to add that I had my Dr do an ultrasound at 5weeks4days, and it did not show a heartbeat. That made me even more anxious until today (2 weeks 1 day later) when we were allowed to come back and check again... So, as PP said, it is probably best to wait until it is def that the HB should be visible!!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search