Just an update on me

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Hi everyone. I pop in and out every so often. I lurk more than I post these days. In case you don't know or remember me, I am stefanie, 41 years old. I have six kids ages from 19 months to 12. Last march began the longest year of my life with my first miscarriage. That was followed by three more, the last being jan if this year. Nothing found to be wrong... Just "old eggs" and luck of the draw. We decided to not try any more. My last cycle began march 22 and ended the 29th. Cycles are usually 29 days. Dh did the deed one time on the 31st and we were not protecting as it was too early in my cycle. I shouldn't have ovulated for more than a week. Well low and behold I got a bfp! I was terrified fully expecting to miscarry. We had a scan last Friday at 7+1 and expected to see no heartbeat and behind behind growth as we have seen so nany time, my symptoms have not been strong at all and some days I don't even feel pregnant at all. Well the scan revealed a 7+1 fetus with a heart rate of 146bpm!! We are so happy but now I am in fear again. Some days I feel nothing and I'm afraid my baby had died. I worry all day long. Am I being silly? Do the chances if loss drop after a great xcan with strong heartbeat and right on growth? Ugh! I just want to enjoy this!
Here is my gummy bear

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your scan and baby's nice heartbeat. I think the chances for miscarriage do drop once you see a healthy heartbeat. Not sure how far they drop though. I know I didn't really have any symptoms until around 8 weeks so you may just still be too early to feel alot of the symptoms other than being tired alot. I hate how hard it is to enjoy being pregnant after a loss. Is your dr going to do scans more often because of your history.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 16th, 2013, 09:00 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, if your measuring to date and a strong h/b, your chances have decreased to less than 5%. Celebrate mama, this is YOUR TURN!!!! This little bean will be with with you for a very long time.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 16th, 2013, 11:45 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are feeling so scared. But I know just how that feels. I did feel some better after the 12 week mark, but I don't think you really ever stop worrying until they are in your arms. Then you still worry about them, but just in a different way. I am so glad you got good news on your ultrasound! I hope you can enjoy little moments of victory like that.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Congratulations!! Thoughts and prayers for a healthy, sticky babe!

May 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Congrats on the baby! T&P that everything will be just fine with this pregnancy

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search