Breastfeeding

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies: Did you breastfeed your baby? How long did you breastfeed or are you still breastfeeding?

For pregnant Ladies: Do you plan on breastfeeding baby?

I have breastfed both of my little boys. I breastfed Jackson for 13 months and I am still breastfeeding Jacob who will be 13 months in a few days. I am trying to wean him atleast during the day. Not sure about the feeding at night and first thing in the morning. I am hoping that he will be ready to wean sometime soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I breastfed. I also pumped. It worked out well for DH to take the first feeding of the night because at that point he was just about ready to go to bed. We did a mix until she completely refused the breast at about 7-8 months. I continued to exclusively pump until after her first birthday.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I breastfed Reagan for 3 weeks and Addy for 4. Well, I say breastfed, but with Reagan, we just couldn't get a good rhythm, so I pumped and she took it from a bottle. Addy latched right away and was a great eater, but my skin couldn't take it, no matter what I did, so I started pumping at about 3 weeks and then pumping just wasn't going well, so we weaned. I wanted to go at least 2 or 3 months until I went back to work, but that just wasn't in the cards for us. I will try to do it with my next baby if my skin will cooperate!

May 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I plan on bfing, didn't with Megan.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I could not breastfeed my first but i pumped for 2 weeks. My second was breastfed for 3 months, im hoping to do atleast 6 months with this baby. She is on a suppliment cathider feed of formula twice a day.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I bf'd Josiah for 41 months. He weaned when I was 5 weeks pregnant with Jamison. I'm very thankful for that good first time experience, because I'm not sure I would have had the confidence to see things through with Jamison if I hadn't successfully bf'd before. I was unable to nurse him for 4 days while he was in the nicu, and was exclusively pumping until he was strong enough to try to nurse from the breast. He did not have a strong latch, and needed a nipple shield for the first two months. I am happy to say we worked through all of that and are still successfully nursing! I plan to nurse him until at least a year, hopefully until 2 years. I will most likely let him self wean with some gentle encouragement from me if he goes beyond the 2 year mark.
melissalaw likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
This is something I want to be able to do so badly! I don't think there will be any issues but you never know. I'm determined to EBF for the first 6 months at the very least, and if circumstances don't allow me to I think I will be pretty heart broken.
May 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Doremi im so happy to hear that your still succesfully nursing Jamison despite having to pump first and use a sheild. Clara is not a preemie but has alot of feeding issues due to her size. I am pumping and freezing alot of breastmilk since im producing more than she eats. We also use a sheild for nursing and do some cathider feeds. Im now hopefull to eventually move past the sheild!
May 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I breastfed Ethan for 8 months. Had to stop because we discovered all his tummy troubles were due to the antibiotics I had to be on daily at the time.
I am bottle and breast feeding Kody. It's not the way I want to do it, but it seems to be best for him for now. I have a strong letdown and he swallows a lot of air, so he takes the bottle feedings best since he can control it better. I hope to breastfeed him for at least a year or more.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 25th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I nursed Erin for 6 months, and eventually stopped because I was still so cracked, blistered and bleeding (Looking back on it, I think she had a latch issue even though I talked to nurses and LCs).

Patrick nursed for 11 months and self weaned.

Allison nursed for 7 months. I ended up betting really sick and one of the things I needed to take was decongestants. Since decongestants can make you lose your milk, I decided to just wean and focus on getting better instead of worrying/fighting with my supply.

I will start out nursing this one. We'll see what happens.

May 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
This is something I want to be able to do so badly! I don't think there will be any issues but you never know. I'm determined to EBF for the first 6 months at the very least, and if circumstances don't allow me to I think I will be pretty heart broken.
Amy I felt this exact same way when I was pregnant with Jackson and it was so hard in the very beginning but thankfully with the support of DH we were able to get through the tough times and BFing got easier. Just make sure that your DH is on board and hopefully you will have no problems at all, plus you'll have us to help with any questions you have.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search