Labor

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies: did you have a vaginal delivery or c-section? Did you do natural delivery or did you have an epi or other drugs to help with the pain? Were you induced or did you go into labor on your own?

For Pregnant Ladies: Do you plan on having a vaginal delivery or c-section? Will you get any drugs? Are you planning on being induced or are you going to try and wait until you go into labor on your own?

I was induced with both my boys at 39 weeks. With Jackson I didn't know any better so we elected to be induced at 39 weeks. With Jacob I started having contractions at 33 weeks and was 3 cm dialated when the labor stopped. I had group b strep and my dr had some fears that since my membranes were exposed for so long it could affect the baby so we decided to induce at 39 weeks. I wanted to make sure that I got all the antibiotics that I needed to make sure Jacob didn't get the group b streb.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Vaginal delivery with forceps. about half of labor in a birth center naturally, then she got stuck and we transferred to a hospital. I got an epi. I will try for natural again next time. I went into labor on my own after the mother of all stretch and sweeps. They stretched my cervix from a 4 to a 7 then sent me to labor more at home.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With both girls I was induced, with Reagan at 40w 6d and with Addy 40w 5d. I had a vaginal delivery with an epi with both, plus with Reagan I had Stadol. After 2 hours of pushing with Reagan, they had to use a vacuum to get her out, Addy pretty much slid out within 15 minutes of pushing, it took 15 minutes, because my contractions spaced waaaaaay out, so it was probably a total of about 8 minutes...lol!

May 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All 7 were vaginal.....hoping to end #8 that way too! 4 were all natural, and the last 3 with epi's. Although #7 epi did not take, so was more natural than anything. Hoping to get the epi this time and it works.....I would love natural again, but know I will chicken out, especially if Im induced. Im always scheduled for induction at 39wks due to my age, but the last 2 came early on their own at 38w6d and 37w3d.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 23rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I was induced with Josiah at 40W3D, had a hard labor that ended in emergency c/s. I labored drug free until 20 minutes before I started pushing, got an epi, then had it turned off while pushing, got another in the OR that didn't take, then a spinal, and was put under for 20 minutes following his birth since I was hemorrhaging.

Jamison's birth was supposed to be a planned c/s, but I went into labor at 36W4D, and was already 6cm when I arrived at the hospital. I ended up having a drug free vbac with him.

I can honestly say I've done it all!!!!

May 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
With my son I was technically already in labor when I went to the ER, but I thought i was having Braxton Hicks contractions. I was induced, no epi, and had a vaginal birth.

There is talk of inducing me at or around 38 weeks so I imagine this baby will come by induction if I don't go into labor before 38 weeks. I'm not sure if I can handle the pain of no epi again. The contractions after I was induced is what hurt SOOO BAD, not the actual pushing part. I imagine the contractions will feel the same but if my next labor is as short as it was with my son (3-4 hours) then I *think* I can do it without the epi again, but, I don't know.. the contractions hurt so bad!! Ahh, I don't even want to think about all that until I'm going into labor!

May 24th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#1 i was induced and ended up having an emergency c section. #2 was a vbac with an epi but the epi failed. #3 was a planned c section with a spinal.
May 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS1 was induced with no pain meds. DS2's labor was encouraged by breaking my water, I had been slowly slowly being in labor for some time but not moving quickly enough to suit me. Breaking my water was all my body needed to kick things into gear. No pain meds either, although I regretted that come time to push, lol. I felt every inch of him coming down the birth canal! Ouchie! But he was fast so it wasn't prolonged, anyway.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was induced all previous 4 times, with an epidural. Vaginal deliveries for all of them though. Same plan here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search