Kody got circ'ed today...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 1 Post By *Anya*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were finally able to get it done, but it's sure hard to see our little guy hurting. We had to wait to have it done because our stupid insurance didn't want to pay for it and it took this long (2.5 weeks) to get it straightened out to where they *should* pay (but we're still not 100% on it).
Kody's urologist strongly recommended getting him circumcised and said that if he wasn't, then he would need to be on daily antibiotics for 6 months, so we were wanting to get this done to help cut down on the chances of him getting a UTI, but it's still hard! I feel bad for the little guy and DH had tears in his eyes the first time we changed his diaper. Hope he heals up quickly!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 29th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Aww, hang in there little guy!! My oldest sister adopted her son and daughter. She wasn't able to get her son circumcised until he was 3 months old but all is well now and no issues from it. She also felt really bad for having to wait but it was something both her and her DH wanted for him.

I hope Kody can escape the 6 month antibiotic treatment. I'm not a huge fan of antibiotics, especially for that long, wow!!

((big hugs for Kody and mommy and daddy too of course)) xxx
May 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of my boys were circumcised the day after they were born. They both screamed when it was done but then it didn't really seem to bother them afterwards. From what I remember it healed really quickly. We just put some vaseline on it to make sure it didn't stick to the diaper. I hope his heals quickly.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs!!!! My son is circumsized but he was a preemie so they did it a non surgical way. I can only imagine how hard it is to see him hurting but you did it because you love him and you want him to be healthy. Your such a brave mommy, im so proud of you.
May 30th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks ladies, he seems to be better today. He doesn't seem to fuss too bad when I change his diaper so for that I'm very grateful. Hopefully pretty soon this will just be a distant memory!
Thanks for the sympathy though. Sometimes it's hard being a mommy!

May 31st, 2013, 07:55 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
It takes about a week for it to look normal. Santino's looked so sore but now it's perfect.

Congrats on your little man, Joy!
EverydayJoy likes this.

May 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks Aimee! How's your little guy doing?

May 31st, 2013, 10:20 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad Kody is doing better, they tend to heal super fast! My first son was 2w3d old when his was done, and he weighed close to 11lbs. The bigger they are and older, the more it hurts for sure. My other two boys were done at 24hrs old, much different in pain tolerence. Can I ask why your dr. said 6mo of antibiotics if he was not circ'd? Did he have a uti already? Im only asking cause my little boy who is 6mo was not circ'd and this new baby on the way will not be either and my pedi never mentioned anything like that. My baby has had no issues with his penis not circ'd, so Im curious if your dr thought this was prevenitive in some way?

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Oh, the 6 months of antibiotics is a special deal for my little guy, because he has kidney abnormalities and because of that he may be especially prone to getting UTI's. (He hasn't had one yet that we know of.) The urologist felt that circumcising lowered the risk enough to forgo the antibiotic regimen.

June 4th, 2013, 09:27 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Thanks Aimee! How's your little guy doing?

He is doing great! He is 10 weeks old today! Time is flying by. His big sisters love him to pieces.
EverydayJoy likes this.

June 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Wow that's so great, Aimee! I'm so happy for you!

June 26th, 2013, 03:51 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow so much ignorance, so sad. Health does not come in a scalpel, what other preventative surgery will these children have to endure? How about yourself? Will you all get ear tubes for them too? Tonsils and appendix removed? No! Because those things are taken care of as issues arise! And guess what women are much more prone to UTIs than men, but I doubt any of you have had any surgery to prevent those things from happening. Ridiculous. Sad. These boys deserve their whole perfect bodies as much as you and your daughters.
June 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Hey Anya...how much digging did you have to do to bring up this old thread? There's no need for you to go stirring up controversy. We are all entitled to our opinions on this hot topic.

June 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
none at all, someone shared it. it's not that old, just a few weeks. Opinions are fine, as long as they aren't cut into someone else's body.
AnnaBonana likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search