I went to the ER (for the 2nd time)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2006, 10:53 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
On thursday I was spotting brown all day and I didn't really think much of it, but then that night I was going to the bathroom and there was bright red blood on the tp. So I freaked out of course and dragged Dh to the ER so we could get it checked out. We were there until after midnight and it sucked but at least they did an u/s and the baby is doing great! He/she was swimming around in there like crazy and doing karate or something, it was so cute! The hb was also really good, around 184-189 bpm, which seems pretty fast to me (maybe it will be a girl?)
The only problem was that they found some bacteria in my urine so they put me on antibiotics right away. The doctor said that can be a sign of miscarriage but I think everything will be fine.
So I'm really glad I went because I won't be so anxious about wearing maternity uniforms anymore, and then on friday morning I got a call from my mom saying that my dad's cancer is back. Apparently it spread to his lungs and they said he only has a year to live if he does the chemo, if not then he has 3-4 months. And she said that at first she wished that we waited a couple years until we had a child but now she's really glad that I'm pregnant because it gives my dad something to look forward too. So needless to say, I'm really glad this baby is okay. I think God plans everything for a reason, and he must have known that this would be the right time for us.

Here are the pictures, I measured exactly 10 weeks, so my due date is right on. It was hard for them to get a good picture because he/she is very wiggly!

July 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I am so glad everything is okay!! The pictures are so cute. It always makes me feel better to see the baby on the U/S's. I am so sorry to hear about your father. My mother passed away about 3 years ago to Ovarian Cancer. She passed a month and a half before my wedding to DH. In my case, I wish DH and I had gotten married sooner. Cancer is such a cruel disease. I hope your baby will give your dad and your whole family a reason to continue to keep trying.

Take care,

Jenn

July 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy for a great ultrasound, but very sad to hear of your dad's cancer. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

July 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad your experience at the ER wasnt like most of the horror stories we hear about! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and I hope for the best with your dad- cancer is so scary but this little baby of yours will make the fight all the more worth it!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwa those pictures are so cute. Isn't it amazing how big they are already at 10 weeks?! I am glad your little bean is okay and I wouldn't worry to much about the bacteria. I am so sorry about your father, I totally agree that it was in God's plans and that it will give your father some hope. My sister in law and I had both been trying for 2 years with both of us suffering a loss, she found out last Nov. She was pregnant and I found out in Jan and that same month my Father in law found out he had cancer....it was ultimate timing because he said having us both be pregnant with his first 2 grandbabies gave him hope. Hang in there hun and I will be thinking of you

July 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Thank you so much for your support ladies, it means a lot since I am stationed halfway across the country from everyone in my family. It makes everything a lot scarier having had a loss before but there's really nothing like seeing my own little baby on that ultrasound!
July 31st, 2006, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats and good luck with everything
hang in their the hard times will be over soon ( first trimester )

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 2nd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry you had a scare but its great that baby is ok and the ultrasound pics are great.

August 3rd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great that the news was good, scares are horrid and waiting in the er just makes it worse, but at least you got an u/s to make sure everything is good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search