Joy (Everydayjoy)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joy just wondered how Kody was doing? I haven't seen an update on his lately. Hope you guys are getting some sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey thanks Melissa. He just got put on reflux medication, because he seemed really fussy for eating and just fussy in general. The meds seem to be helping, because he's nursing so much more peacefully now. Before he'd cry every time I'd take it out and cry harder the more I tried to get him to latch on. Now he just takes it like a champ. So I'm glad about that.
He also just caught his big brother's cold. Woke up this morning and he had a fever, and had been coughing in the night but I didn't put two and two together until I realized he had a fever. Also sneezing a lot. Took him to the doc just in case and they told me what to look out for (high fever, difficulty breathing). I hope it passes soon so he can sleep better and feel more himself. Ethan is still stuffed up and coughing too. Hate it when kids are sick! I am dreading needing to do the nasal aspirator on Kody because I know how much babies hate that and how stuffed noses make nursing tough for them.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Aww, your poor sweet boys! I hope everyone is in tip-top shape very soon. The sickies are just no fun

I wouldn't worry too much about using the nasal aspirator. I mean, if it helps suck the icky out it might be worth a few tears. I hope your babies feel better! xxx

June 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Thank you Ame! So far we have skated around Kody being super stuffed up. He's a little stuffy and I've aspirated a couple times but nothing major and for the most part he's nursing ok. Ethan is being a little pill at times because he still feels a little crappy but well enough to play and get into stuff! hah. Anyway I feel like things are going ok, except DH has no patience with the kids today! Oh well, we all need a nap!
Ame C likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Joy I'm glad he's doing good and glad he is nursing better. It makes things so much easier when the nursing relationship gets easier between momma and baby.

One think I discovered with having two kids is that they seem to get sick alot more often. When Jackson was little he never got sick and now seems like Jackson will pick something up and no matter what I do to keep Jacob from getting it, he gets it anyway.

i hope both your little boys feel better soon. Makes for a much happier mommy and daddy.

June 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Melissa, yep seems like whenever illness strikes it's hard to keep the rest of the family from getting sick. I pretty well expected Kody to get it, but of course was hoping somehow he wouldn't. But I'm glad he's not too bad. Hopefully it will all pass soon and we'll be getting more sleep!

July 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joy just checking in to see how everybody is doing? Is everybody finally well? Hows the sleep situation going at your house?

July 6th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Hey there! Sorry I forgot to post that we were gone camping! Just got back today. We're all feeling fine now.
Kody slept amazingly well in the tent--3 hour stretches all night for almost the whole time. I don't know if it was the fresh air or what but I hope it continues!
melissalaw likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 06:51 AM
That's great. I hope you had a great time camping.

July 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Yes we did, it was a lot of fun. My sister and her 3 kids were there, and my parents too. Ethan had so much fun playing with his cousins. They all went fishing, too, and my brother-in-law caught a fish for dinner. All in all it was a great time.
melissalaw likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search