28 week appt update & question for everyone

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sorry I was offline most of last week so didn't get a chance to update that 28wk appt with OB went fine, got some clarifications about the recommendations my high risk OB is making (and thankfully both doctors are on same page, so no disagreements there):

1) Induction - definitely happening between 38-39 weeks. Solely due to concerns with being on blood thinners & apparently 38wks+ is where more complications develop with having Factor II so that's what's driving the earlier induction timing. She may not even move me to Heparin (this makes me a little nervous) at all and said she'd judge based on cervix & effacement closer to that timing. And she confirmed I'll have to stay on the Lovenox for another 6 weeks after baby arrives...sigh...but that means before Halloween I'll finally be done with these daily injections!

2) High risk OB scans - also being driven by the blood thinners, OB said this is normal precaution so not to freak out about it, she'll tell me if he recommends something beyond "normal" but agrees having another at 30wks and then weekly from 32wks until delivery is needed. High risk OB will perform all of these, and she'll just get his summaries.

Otherwise everything was good, baby girl's hb was hanging out in 140s like normal when she checked with Doppler. I've gained 9lbs total, which you think would be awesome LOL but since 5 came in past 4 weeks I was cautioned to try to keep it to 1lb a week or so since she'd like to see me at 20-25lbs total.

So question for everyone - induction between 38-39wks means likely induction dates will be between Sept 10-12 (just based on how week falls, and they usually try not to do these on weekends) with delivery between 9/11 - 9/13. I am thinking I really don't want baby's birthday to be on 9/11...is this stupid or does this concern anyone else due around this time?? If it had happened naturally, oh well what can you do, but since I have some control over timing I'm wondering if I should push to avoid it...WWYD?

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lara I'm so glad that baby girl is doing good. Sounds like your dr's are keeping a great eye on things to make sure everything continues going good. I'm sorry about the shots. I can only imagine how much that must suck. I've been on progesterone supplements and I swear they are making me crazy so I can only imagine what you've been going through.

i agree that I wouldn't want my baby born on 9/11. Just seems like a bad date to me. I think I would push not to deliver on that date.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the great appt. I don't think id go out of the way to avoid a 9/11 DD. if it happens it happens in my opinion. In fact, if you think it'll mean less women delivering- then maybe you should pick it so you get all the dr's and nurses to yourself while in L&D...
I forgot, were you induced with your first? If so did it go fast??

July 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
I forgot, were you induced with your first? If so did it go fast??
I was induced with Savannah, for totally different reason, and it did not go fast & it was awful experience (16 hours total, almost ended in emergency C-section when she stopped tolerating the induction and would have rapid decels)...so really dreading this one, although Dr was trying to reassure me that usually with 2nd it goes much easier/faster than with the first. Here's hoping she's right...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad things are going well!

I'm not sure if I would avoid 9/11 or not, I think I might, but it would depend on what the doctors thought. I would try for 9/12 if I could.

I was induced with both of my girls. The 2nd was definitely easier for me, I progressed more quickly once my water was broken and I pushed her out in 10 minutes. The first went sort of quickly, but pushing took me almost 2 hours. With my 2nd induction, I was dilated 2 more cm though. I hope your induction goes a lot more smoothly this time!

July 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy all is well with your little girl! all the extra monitoring is wonderful, glad they take such good care of you. As for the induction date, I would probably pick 9/12 or 13.....9/11 for me is a bad day, it was my aniversery date of my first marriage, and the final divorce date for that marriage (16yrs later). Although, when it comes time for induction, Im always in a hurry and would pick the first available day no matter what day it fell it on, lol......since alot of people avoid the 9/11 day, it will be nice and slow in L&D and you will get your choice of times and lots of good service, lol

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything is going well with baby girl. Any news on a name?
I'm not sure if I would avoid 9/11 or not....

July 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally I'd probably try to avoid 9/11, I mean you're getting induced after all, so you ought to be able to at least delay it a day (I would hope)!
I'm so glad your little girl is doing well, but I'm sorry you have all the worries that go along with a high-risk pregnancy. I hope the time flies!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search