Fetal Doppler

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you that use fetal dopplers, what is the earliest that you have been able to hear baby's heartbeat?

I am 7 weeks 2 days which I thought was way too early to hear the heartbeat but yesterday I got it out and found a little heartbeat which was 148 bpm. It sounded just like Jacob's did when I was pregnant with him and the doppler registered it as a heartbeat. Do you think it was the heartbeat? It just seemed way too early to me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even get mine until I was 9 weeks, I found the hb with it then, but not every time I tried. I would think it would be too early, unless you are further along than you think maybe?

July 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If baby has a heartbeat, I would think you could maybe find it on accident so early. I can't think of anything else it could be, unless your own pulse was extremely high. If your pulse was that fast though, you'd probably be feeling weird. So I bet it was maybe the baby, although you might not find it again for some time! Babies' heartbeats start as early as 5 weeks from what I understand, although usually you can't hear them on doppler.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found this baby at 7w0d My others were usually 8.5 to 9.5wks, but thats because I never tried before then. If your build is thinner and uterus is pointing forward........definitely thinking its your baby you heard. Congrats!
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I thought I heard it at 6 weeks plus a few days along but turns out it was mine, haha But it was the first time playing around with it and I didn't know any better. The first time I actually heard baby's heartbeat was 9 weeks but I couldn't get a reading on the screen because it wasn't loud enough. I for sure, for sure heard it the other day at 13 weeks and it FINALLY showed 167 bpm on the screen. Whoop whoop!!

But yea, 9 weeks was when I first heard anything. But I bet I am "fluffier" than you Melissa

July 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure that it was the baby's heartbeat. I am pretty skinny right now although that is slowly changing. And I'm positive that it wasn't my heartbeat because I found it and it was saying 87. I'm hoping that it was the heartbeat that I found!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 11th, 2013, 06:19 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like it was your baby's! Yay!!
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search