Tuesday Take it or Leave it

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Swaddling:

This is Jackson at 1 day old swaddled

This is Jacob at 1 day old swaddled.

they both let me swaddle them at first..lol.

For Moms: Did your kids like to be swaddled? If you did swaddle, at what age did you stop swaddling? Did you find that your kids slept better when they were swaddled? (share a picture of your baby swaddled if you've got one)

For Pregnant Mommies: Are you going to try to swaddle your baby?

I bought swaddling blankets and tried to swaddle both of my kids. Neither one of them really went for it. They would both struggle and move around until they got their arms free and then if they couldn't get their arms free they would begin to scream and cry. So we never really swaddled neither of our boys.

I'm going to try again to swaddle this new baby and see how it goes. I've heard from some moms that swaddling was a miracle for their kids but never worked for my boys.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Last edited by melissalaw; July 16th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
July 16th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It worked for a few weeks for sure! I was terrible at it, DH was an expert at swaddling, we just used receiving blankets though. Addy started to like having one arm out, then she just didn't want to be swaddled anymore, that was around 1 month or 2 months, I can't recall!

July 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh yes, I bought those swaddlers. I'm not for sure, but I bet I have 3 or 4 of each size all the way up to their biggest. I really don't know if I understand how to wrap baby up in them. I opened a package months ago and looked at the instructions thinking "Wow this looks tricky."

I might just free-hand swaddle with receiving blankets if I can't figure out the science behind the swaddlers I'm sure it's not as hard as I'm thinking it will be. It ultimately depends if baby likes it for whether I will find them useful or not.
July 16th, 2013, 11:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Kody I have swaddled him a few times. It didn't really seem to give him a whole lot better sleep though so I haven't done it much lately. Plus with it being summertime and hot a lot I don't want him to overheat. I have the same swaddle blanket as the second photo you posted, Melissa! I do like that one because it's easy to do.
Kody likes to have his arms out generally. But he does sometimes sleep a little more soundly with his arms restrained. *shrug* I'll have to try again when it's cooler. For now he seems to like stretching out in his bassinet.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 17th, 2013, 07:15 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joy I love that sack. I could never figure out the ones that you have to swaddle but that one you just put baby in and then velcro it together. So easy.

Amy you should check out the swaddle sacks or I think that is what they are called. They have velcro to help swaddle. Much easier than using a blanket.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 17th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I have the ones with the velcro and those are the ones that confuse me, lol
July 17th, 2013, 06:23 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ame, I bet there's a YouTube tutorial on those!
It's not too hard though, maybe if you have a stuffed animal you could practice. You open both of the side flaps, tuck the baby's feet into the pocket at the bottom, and then close the left flap---tuck it into baby's right side (there's some velcro that sticks to the bottom pocket), then close the right flap, with the little teddy bear velcro closures. They'll stick to the outside of the left flap. Sounds complicated but you can do it in like 3 seconds, haha.
You can close it over baby's arms, or have baby's arms out if they like that better.
melissalaw and Ame C like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search