30 weeks today & update from high risk dr appt!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 12:51 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Hooray for 30 weeks!! I honestly can hardly believe it...she'll be here in less than 9 weeks

Appt with high risk dr went well...I am always a nervous mess before, and I come out honestly feeling so blessed that everything was ok, I wonder if I'll ever feel comfortable/confident for any of these scans

She's still measuring a bit ahead (I think 5 days or so)...weighs 3lbs 8oz and is perfectly average sized (55%) which he wants to see and better yet has been precisely 55% for last 3 scans which is what he REALLY wants to see - no slowing of growth just really consistent on the growth curve they're tracking.

So after a very long stretch of both of my doctors being in agreement we've hit minor bump in the road - high risk dr not enthused by my OB's decision to not automatically switch me to Heparin at 36 weeks. I have a feeling based on his comment to me when I told him she's considering keeping me on it longer if I don't show signs of early labor and I quote "how nice that she has a crystal ball to help predict the future" that he's now probably going to make a formal recommendation that I move to Heparin to essentially force her to do it (hard to imagine she'd go against a written recommendation from him on any treatment, for liability reasons if nothing else). So guess that'll be my next conversation with her at Friday's appt.

I am now on 2 week apt cycles for both high risk & reg OB, but switching to weekly at 32 weeks with high risk and at 36 weeks (I think) with reg OB...lots and lots of appts to schedule and remember now

ETA: totally forget, she's still head down too!! yay baby!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; July 16th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
July 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lara I'm so glad that baby girl is growing and growing consistently. Hopefully your dr's can come to an agreement. I don't know much about Heparin but I would assume that the high risk dr knows what he's talking about. I can't believe that she will be here in less than 9 weeks.

Have you picked out a name yet? You might have told us but I honestly can't remember. Is Savannah excited to be a big sis?
L-SBB likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a healthy baby!!
L-SBB likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That is just soooo wonderful!! It made me very happy reading this post
Those 9 weeks will fly by I'm sure. Eeek!!
L-SBB likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
thanks ladies

Melissa - no name, it's starting to stress me out too lol we can't find one we like that we agree upon yet. Savannah's EXTREMELY excited, so much so I worry she'll be disappointed when she sees how boring a newborn is (to a kid at least).

Heparin & Lovenox are essentially the same except that Lovenox is long acting (24 hour) and Heparin is shorter (12 hour, requires 2 shots daily) and can be more easily reversed from your bloodstream (i'm not really clear if Lovenox can be) so is preferred just in case baby comes early...obviously they want to manage my delivery through induction to avoid an issue but if, for example, I went into labor while on Lovenox it would impact their ability to give me an epi or a spinal block (too dangerous) so if I needed an emergency C-section it might force a General Anth. situation (not ideal, and riskier for me with asthma) and maybe there's a bleeding risk too, not sure.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow you're getting SO close! So excited for you, Lara!
I would think it would be completely logical to switch to Heparin, and as far as I know there aren't any side effects that would make your OB want to delay as long as possible. Hope everything gets worked out between her and your high risk Dr.
It took us forever to think of a name, too! I think we were at 7 1/2 months before we decided on one. I was sure I was going to go into labor before we picked a suitable one!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 17th, 2013, 05:22 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wonderful news! Makes sense to switch the meds at 36wks.....I was only baby aspirin until 37wks with one of my rainbows, and she came a week later. they like to see it out of your system at least 2wks before birth (aspirin), so I can only imagine how they feel about your situation! When will you start NST's? I start weekly at 32wks, just thought that was standard for high risk?

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 17th, 2013, 05:46 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After reading your post about Lovenox and Heparin, I think your high rish dr is right. Makes sense to change it just in case you go into labor on your own.

Jackson was the same way, so excited for Jacob to get here but he thought we were going to bring home a play mate. He wasn't too happy when he realized that all Jacob did was eat, sleep and cry..lol. Although now that Jacob is getting bigger they have started to play together and of course fight over toys..lol.

Names are so difficult. Good Luck picking one out.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
WooHoo!! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you, Lara!!

July 17th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news! Heparin sounds like a good switch just in case! Best of luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search