new to trying after molar

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone, I'm just now embarking on trying to conceive 4 years after a molar pregnancy. THe pregnancyI lost was my first. we actually started to try ( no barriers) last night , iI had a positive ovulation test. I was all for trying but now that we are I'm feeling a tad scared that what happened last time will happen again. How do you get over that fear or anxiety over maybe losing another pregnancy?

Any advice?
July 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm so sorry you lost your first little one. It stays with you forever, really. For me I have a hard time pushing the fears and anxieties out of my head, but I just try to focus on the end result. How happy I will be when baby is in my arms and coming home with me. If I could skip the whole 9 month thing and get straight to the end I would, even though I would miss out on all the wonderful things pregnancy brings. I wish you the best on your trying to conceive journey, good luck! I'm sending you positive sticky baby vibes.

July 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Ame, I don't think you really get over the anxiety or fear, you just work through it and try to make the best of it. After you have a loss, you can never turn back the clock and get that innocence back that you had about conceiving and bearing children.
Before my loss, I thought hey, no problem, I can have children and they will be healthy like my mom did and my sister did and women all over the world do. I knew sometimes miscarraiges happen, but I didn't think it would happen to me. Post-loss, I realized that bad things can happen, and not every pregnancy is perfect. So you live with that realization the next time you try again. It's hard, but it's worth it to be able to have a rainbow baby to hold. It doesn't make you miss the one you lost any less, but it does give you something positive to look forward to in life.
Keep us posted how it goes for you after your two week wait...I hope to hear that you get a positive pregnancy test!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 22nd, 2013, 05:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about your molar pregnancy. I'm sure that was a very difficult thing to go through. the ladies above have given you some great advise. For me I just take it one day at a time and try to always think positive. Good Luck with trying and let us know what happens in two weeks. Hopefully you get a BFP!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 22nd, 2013, 07:31 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I'm so sorry for your loss. Even after you have children, the worrying continues. But during pregnancy, try to just take it day by day. Don't hesitate to call your doctor for anything. That is why they are there.

This is a great group! You can always come here and vent or voice your worries. We will all understand where you are coming from.

Tags
molar pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search