Babies and shoes

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Momma's when did you start letting your kids wear shoes. Jacob started walking last week however when I put shoes on him he will not walk. he just drops of the floor and starts crawling again. I can't remember having any trouble with Jackson when he started wearing shoes. Do you think I should let him get really good at walking without shoes and then try the shoes again or should I let him wear shoes a couple of hours each day until he gets used to them?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 22nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think just let him walk without them. At the very least, he will eventually see the benefit of shoes when he wants to walk outside or on a rough surface. Have you tried the soft ones like Robees? Also I really like Pedipeds for shoes for the little ones, they're really well made and soft.
Maybe you could put shoes on him at night while he sleeps so he gets used to them at that time, then walk during the day.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
We just got him a pair of stride rite tennis shoes. I may check out the pedipeds. I think some softer shoes might work better for him to start.

July 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Soft can be good because it allows their little feet to flex however they want. Sometimes the rigid shoes can be uncomfortable for them.

www.pediped.com is the website! Good luck.
melissalaw likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks Joy!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 04:03 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Wow, little shoes are expensive. I agree that soft shoes are better. From my experience, back when I was a teacher of a daycare, the 1 yr old kids did well with soft shoes but the hard bottom ones always slipped off or the kiddo's would pull them off. They don't seem to mind the soft ones as much. In daycare they have to keep their shoes on and it was a constant shoe hunt. I swear a few of those little ones would hide a shoe on purpose just because they thought it was fun when we would all tare apart the class room to find the missing shoes.
Oh yea, and they also took naps wearing their shoes in daycare. There were no issues with that if you do consider trying to have Jacob nap or sleep wearing them.

I miss those little ones. They were all my babies!! But yea, anyways lol just thought I would throw that in there.
EverydayJoy likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Amy I'm always shocked at how expensive kids shoes are. I took Jackson to the new balance store last time for his tennis shoes and I about fell out of my chair when I saw how much they were going to cost. Thankfully his feet are not growing as fast as they used to.

I am going to get Jacob some soft soled shoes but for today i sent his tennis shoes with him to school. they are going to put them on him when they go out to play and see how he does. I put them on him last night again and he just wouldn't walk in them.

July 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stride Rite has the soft soled shoes too, that is what we got for Addy. They are expensive, I am glad that Reagan can wear Target/Walmart shoes now...lol! Although I have to get her a good pair too because of the soles of her feet. I bought her a pair at Stride Rite, on sale, they were still expensive!

July 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Yes Stride Rite is expensive. Jackson has big fat feet and needs wides which alot of stores don't carry. So I have to get his at Stride Rite also. I didn't know they had soft soled shoes. the ones I got Jacob there are definitely not soft soled but I just got a coupon for stride rite plus I have some rewards points so I may check them out this weekend.

he's been wearing his shoes this week at daycare and seems to be doing a little bit better. Maybe it will just take him some time to get used to wearing shoes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search