Working or Stay at Home Mom?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 3 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you work outside the home or do you stay at home with the kids?
If you stay at home, did you work before your kids were born?

Pregnant mommies: If you work are you planning on going back after the baby is born or will you stay at home?

I so wish that I could stay at home with my kids but we just can't afford it so I do work. Thankfully I love my job so that makes it easier. I will take some time off after this baby is born but I will probably go back to work around 8 weeks or so.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2013, 08:09 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a stay at home mom. I worked until about 2 weeks before Ethan was born, then quit. I haven't worked since. Some days I wish I worked part time or something! Other days I wonder if I'd be able to make it in the workforce again, because I feel so out of touch! Hah.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 26th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a touchy subject for me. I always dreamed I'd stay home. Totally make baby food and have a perfect house... Unfortunately, financially- I have to work. I bought an insurance package when we started TTC which will let me stay out for 6 months. My plan is to go on leave 3 weeks before and stay out the 6 months. If dreams come true, ill go back part time instead of full time-but it depends on $$.
Ame C likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am lucky to be a stay at home mom. I am a certified science teacher and I worked before I had M. I had to go back to work for a few months when DH was unemployed when M was 2 months old. I worked until she was about 9 months old when DH got a job.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm a house wife. Our plan was once I got pregnant (the first time) I would quit my job and be a stay at home mommy. Unfortunately things don't always go as we would hope. Sometimes I wish I still had a job because I get bored and lonely but hopefully soon I will get my mommy role. I'm blessed that DH is able to take care of us.
July 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I work, I think I always will, because I like to. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and I LOVE being with them, but I am the type that needs the adult interaction and I like that I am using my degree, love the people I work with, love what I do! I do wish though, that the work week was a 4 day week and the weekend was 3

July 27th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well. Toughy.

My plan was always to be a work at home mom. DH is a farmer and when we got married we were to work together on the farm. I'll spare you the details but things got really nasty really quickly with his father treating me horribly. I went to my MIL for advice on how to deal with him and she said "oh, he's just treating you like family now".

Really.

So, I went back to work for the school board on an on-call basis. We are so rural and our road is not plowed in the winter, so for me to take anything permanent is almost impossible. Add gas prices to that... So, I'll be working on call through my pregnancy and then being a SAHM.
July 30th, 2013, 05:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carey that adult interaction is nice to have. Plus I'm happy that when my kids go to school, I will have something to do everyday. But I definitely agree with you. I would love to work 4 days and have 3 days off.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I have worked at home for 7 years or so....I expected to have to put Ella in daycare once my 12 week leave was up. Fortunately for me my two boys have been taking turns babysitting for me this summer and I think I will have a cousin who will be willing to come to my house part time to watch her during the school year. I am paying my sons and will obviously pay my cousin so my decision isn't about money, its about avoiding daycare and being able to see her everyday, all day.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

July 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years now. Before Gianna came, I was a nurse in an internal medicine practice.

July 31st, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always wanted to stay home with my kids, at least when they are little, and I'm lucky to have a partner that is willing to support me in that. My plan is to go back to work when our kids are in school all day.

Before Regan came I was a manager at the local food Coop and really loved my job. Right now I sub for them when they need help, if I can... I do miss the adult interaction, for sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search