When?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By geogeek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am having issues with when I should get a new siggie. How far into this pregnancy will I be before I feel comfortable asking for one? I felt comfortable enough to get a big sister shirt for M. I know you ladies understand this one. :/
missy123 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by geogeek; July 27th, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
July 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I debated the exact same thing Rachel. i decided to get mine after I got my first ultrasound and we saw our little gummy bear's beating heart and saw baby wiggle around and move his/her arm. I was terrified to get one before then. I hate that any of us has to worry during pregnancy.

That's great that you got Marsi a T-shirt. that is how we are planning on telling some people but I still need to order Jacob's shirt.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
It is how I will announce on fb. We really don't have people around us we know to do anything in person. It is actually a shirt I won on a fb challenge and the lady was waiting until my BFP to make it.
humnck likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I agree, after your first ultrasound sounds about right. I'm so happy for you Rachel Any updates? When is your first appointment? Eeeee!!

I should probably get on making a new one for myself... I just have a hard time thinking what to do and get a little overwhelmed with it. Now I'm thinking I should wait until we find out if baby is a girl or boy, since we will be finding out in 3 weeks.
melissalaw and humnck like this.
July 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I can't believe that you only have 3 weeks!! I can't wait until you find out Amy.
Ame C likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I waited a really long time into the pregnancy to change my siggy. I just wasn't comfortable with it until something after like 20 or 25 weeks, I believe. I think it just depends. If you want to do it, then go ahead!
Maybe I shouldn't say this, and I don't mean to offend, but just hypothetically if you were to lose the baby, the siggy could sort of be something to remember him or her by, you know? So even if you did do it but then lost the baby it could still be something you would want.
I recall getting really attached to my "It's been ___ days/months since we said goodbye" ticker.
geogeek likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I think I will wait until I have an ultrasound picture to use in it. When I hear the heartbeat, I will probably be ready to make the change.
melissalaw and EverydayJoy like this.

July 27th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so hard! For me, I feel like I'm not honouring this pregnancy because I'm so scared... But this baby should be celebrated..... But I'm so scared... And it's a vicious cycle.

I think you have a good plan. Whatever it is, you just have to wait till you feel ready.

(((Hugs))) And I'm so sorry these are the things on your mind.
July 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rachel, I always wanted to know about your name. Geogeek - sounds like you are computer nerd. But are you saying you want to change your name to "Geforce" As in GeForce, the video card? Are you REALLY a computer nerd?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Darn you auto correct...I wrote that on my iPad. That should have been before. LOL. I am a geology geek. I have no intention to change my username. My degree is in geology. It just seems fitting for me.

July 27th, 2013, 09:06 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh, I can't remember when I made my first siggy with my first rainbow baby. But I think it was pretty early.....like around 4-5wks. With each rainbow after, I always made a ticker right away when I found out I was pg (8-10dpo), but I have not made special siggy's since my first rainbow.

Making a ticker was my way of coping with the milestones. I needed to see it move a day, each day, bringing me closer to my rainbow in my arms.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I have the ticker. It took me a couple of days to put that in my signature. I love seeing my ticker, even though AF isn't due for a few more days!

July 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I wanted the pictured of the ultrasound so that is part of the reason that I waited, plus I wanted to make sure baby had a heartbeat.

I love the tickers also.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search