Feeling uneasy...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does it ever stop? I'm guessing no.

I've made it to six weeks today, so that is something.

Both yesterday and today, though, I've woken up with no symptoms. My boobs had just started getting quite sore and full feeling, and both days on waking that is gone! Friday and Saturday I had some nasty round ligament pain when I sneezed or coughed, and this morning I've been doing both, and nothing! My nausea was starting to come on strong and now that has subsided as well.

Last night my boobs were more sore by the time I went to bed at night, so I'm hoping the same will happen today. I just don't like not feeling pregnant all the times. The symptoms help me feel secure.

Thanks for reading.
August 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately the worrying in a pregnancy after a loss does not end. I wish I could tell you that it did but for me it never did. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage of your pregnancy about the lack of pregnancy symptoms. My symptoms don't really start to come on strong until 7 or 8 weeks so you are still pretty early.

When do you have your first ultrasound? I think after you see that little heart beating you will have some comfort and hopefully that will help ease your anxiety. And we are here for you to help with that also.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, the anxiety doesn't really let up for good. Sometimes you get little reprieves from it though. For me it got better after I could feel baby kicking.
Early in the pregnancy though, I also would have days where I was sure my boobs were deflating, or when I wasn't feeling nauseous, etc. Then it would come back a few days later. Your hormones are ramping up for pregnancy, but it's not a perfectly smooth process, so you'll have days with less hormones and days with more. So your symptoms might wax and wane accordingly.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The other girls have said it perfectly. The anxiety doesn't really go away, although for me it did go down once I could feel movement.

As for symptoms, my doctor reminded me at every appointment early on, symptoms will come and go, your levels will spike and you will have bad days, they will be sort of leveled or your body will get used to them and you will have good days. Of course, my good days were when I was having symptoms, but what she meant was you will feel great some days and others not, so try not to worry just because you don't have any symptoms. It is hard, but I had to remind myself often, if I wasn't nauseous, sore, etc that that didn't mean anything.

August 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I can't really add anything else. I just wanted you to know that i am here for you.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies.

I've had spotting the whole last week. But it was literally just. Spot here or there. Tonight I'm having cramps again with pinkish dishcharge that is coming in very light flow.

I'm trying not to let my anxiety level get too high. I don't want to be too positive or too negative right now. I'm just going to sleep early tonight and hope tomorrow is better.

Thanks all for your kind words! I appreciate it to no end.
August 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Lots of thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
If I remember correctly I had some light bleeding and spotting around 7.5 weeks during this pregnancy associated with an achy feeling. I freaked out and was told by many people that bleeding during pregnancy is actually a pretty normal thing. I was scared to death and everything turned out fine. I never did find out what caused the bleeding but it was right around how far along you are now.

Sending you my thoughts and prayers!! Xoxo! Hoping your symptoms come back full swing, to help put your mind at ease

August 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Wishing you all the best. Your naivete is ripped away when you suffer a loss, and pregnancy is never the same again. I had two losses before Jamison's birth this past October, and during his pregnancy, I never felt I really relaxed until he was in my arms. Yes, I got more and more excited the further into the pregnancy I got, but there was always that nagging worry that something was going to happen.

August 7th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the responses. I feel lucky to be able to go somewhere that people understand.

I'm feeling back to normal this morning, although symptoms aren't really back yet. I'm assuming with fluctuating hormones they will come back

I'm really wondering if my hydration is causing this? Last night I felt horrible but when I took my prenatals in the evening, I took them with three big beer mugs of water. Within the hour I was feeling back to my old self.

And now I'm thinking, every time I feel crummy is around the same time of day. I think I need to really focus on getting plenty of water in the afternoons and seeing if that helps. I get lots am and pm, but not mid day.

Thanks ladies
melissalaw and Ame C like this.
August 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Dehydration can definitely cause cramping. I hope the extra water helps!

August 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're anxious but we definitely understand! Hope your hydration plan helps. What's your schedule with your provider? Any labs or ultrasounds scheduled yet?

August 7th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you are feeling more like yourself. Dehydration can definitely cause that, also, you said it is around the same time of day every day - that could be "morning sickness". I was like clockwork, I would feel completely crummy at exactly 4:30 every day, no matter what I did, when I was pg with DD1. You could have set a clock by me, crazy! Anyways, it could just be your body adjusting to everything that is going on.

And when do you have appointments?

August 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your feeling better! I had spotting/bleeding/cramping with my last 3 pregnancy's. All due to small SCH's. I spotted like this until about 10wks. Hoping you continue to feel better and anxiety gets less and less!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, right after I posted this morning I started bleeding and passing clots. I called my doctor to see if I could get an HGC, no. I called my OB, she's away. Both said I had to go to the hospital.

So, I went in. DH can't take time from work. He's a dairy farmer so not really any options there. I went alone and wouldn't you know it, an old family friend in the waiting room. "HEY WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

Ugh.

They did an ultrasound and the baby is measuring 6w3d and has a good, strong heartbeat. The doctor said this could be the start of a miscarriage or it could be just some bleeding that will settle itself. The only thing we can do is wait.

I'm home now and DH should be in by nine. He will get his own supper and hopefully I can get a good nights sleep.

Thanks for all the support ladies. I need it.
Danielle.W likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Oh I'm sorry you're going through this!! I hope it's just your little sticky bean settling in for a long 9 month ride!

August 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
How stressful! Hang in there, little bean! I had a lot of bleeding with my littlest (who came after 2 losses), and was SO stressed out. It turned out the bleeding was caused by a cervical polyp, which I had removed in my 2nd trimester.

August 8th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. Did they say anything about the state of your cervix? Stick beanie stick..
Please kup

August 8th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I can imagine your day was super stressful! Ugh, I'm so sorry... I really hope everything turns out well for you and beanie baby. A tiny heart flickering away is a good sign

Keep us posted on your doing/feeling and any updates. T&P!

August 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got an ultrasound and glad you saw a little heartbeat. I hate that your still bleeding though. I know how anxious that can make you feel. I agree that you try to drink lots of water. I know I cramp when I get dehydrated so try that and just take it easy. Hopefully the bleeding will stop and I hope the cramps stop too.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search