Maternity Clothes

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies: When did you start wearing maternity clothes with your pregnancies?

For Pregnant Ladies: Have you started wearing maternity clothes yet? If yes when did you start wearing them.

With Jackson I think I started wearing them around 16 weeks. It took me a long time to show with him. With Jacob I started around 13 weeks and with this one I am wearing maternity pants today at 11 weeks 4 days..lol. My other pants still fit but they are getting tight and they are just uncomfortable so I got my maternity pants out week before last and got them all washed. So now I'm wearing them and I am much more comfortable than i was in my other pants.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Eh, I start wearing them before I really NEED to because regular pants make me nauseated because they are not stretchy. I think I started wearing them with Marsi around 8 weeks. I haven't started wearing them yet...granted I am only 5 weeks but I expect to be in them in just a couple of weeks. I seem to be in pjs most of the time these days anyway.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I was barely over 100 lbs when I got pregnant and didn't wear maternity clothes until almost 25 weeks.

I gained alot of weight since then. Particularly with my last pregnancy, I was in maternity clothes when I m/c'd. I haven't lost the last 5 or 6 lbs of that weight, though I've lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks, so I'm almost there. I can't reasonably expect to lose anymore of it at this point. Strangely though, I don't fit in any of the clothes that fit me even this spring. Bloat perhaps? My c-sec scar is stretching as are my other scars (I've had several abdominal surgeries) and right now only sweats and pajamas fit. I suppose I'll have to do something, I mean, I have to leave the house at some point.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Last edited by lelila; August 8th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
August 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No mat clothes here, 6w4d. This morning I thought I looked a little pouffy, but I really don't look like anything yet.
August 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I am! I'm still wearing them on and off. I regulate between maternity clothes and my old "fat" clothes that I can still fit in. I started wearing my maternity pants around 10 weeks this time. With my first pregnancy, I was 16 weeks when I picked up my first few maternity outfits.
August 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last 4 pregnancy's, around 10wks for maternity clothes. First 4 kids were around 16wks.....maybe 12wks with my 4th. First baby was over 7mo before maternity clothes, lol.....but that was 1992, when tights and big shirts was in style, lol
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see...with Ethan I got pregnant in April and didn't start wearing actual maternity clothes until September! I did wear a size larger in regular clothes for awhile until then. Took me a long time to pop out. With Kody I think I was in maternity clothes around 12 weeks. It was just more comfortable.

It was funny, my OB doc saw that I was in maternity jeans so soon, and she asked, Do you need to wear maternity clothes or are they just more comfortable?
I answered that they were more comfortable, but thinking about it later, isn't that why anyone wears maternity clothes? Because they're more comfortable??? lol.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search