Kicks from the outside?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 2 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Mommies, when did you start feeling kicks from the outside of your stomach?

I'm thinking it wont be too much longer now because baby has been moving around a lot more lately. I still can't feel the movements with my hand from the outside of my stomach yet. With Clyde, DH didn't feel his first kick until around 23 weeks. I couldn't feel movements from the outside for about 2-3 weeks before DH felt it, so about 20 weeks along was the first time.

August 11th, 2013, 07:04 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With most of my pregnancy's, I felt first outside kicks pretty early, but I was a very thin woman. Most of them were around 17wks-18wks. I did feel my second baby from the outside at like a freakishly 13wks, but I was like 105lbs at 5'6.......you could see my uterus protruding so bad, I looked like a walking skelaton, lol.

This pregnancy was about 15wks when I felt a thump on my hand......but it was not consitant until about 17wks.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 11th, 2013, 08:30 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I don't remember. I spent most of that time 5 states away from DH. I think I could easily at 18ish weeks while it took him till 25 weeks or so.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I guess all my extra fluff is cushioning baby kicks from the outside I'm sure it wont be much longer. Baby was wiggling around for about a whole hour last night. I enjoyed every minute of it.

August 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Awe, I can't wait until the kicks start being felt. By far my favorite part of pregnancy.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 11th, 2013, 11:18 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, with both boys, I actually didn't feel concrete movements until almost 20 weeks along. I mean me feeling movements just on the inside! So it was probably a few more weeks until DH could feel on the outside. Both boys were kind of "chill" in utero so they didn't give really hard kicks. Seems like the 3rd trimester was when DH was able to feel.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
August 12th, 2013, 06:47 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it was around 20 weeks with both my boys. It was so funny how different they both were. Jackson would go into stealth mode everytime DH would touch my belly and wouldn't move at all. DH rarely felt him move and with Jacob he would go crazy when DH would touch my belly. He would kick his hand everytime. Almost like he was saying get your hand off my mommy..lol.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 12th, 2013, 07:01 AM
LOL - Clyde would go into stealth mode too!! Silly boys... I wonder what makes them suddenly just stop moving around when daddy tries to feel them kicking? It's like they really do KNOW!!
melissalaw and EverydayJoy like this.

August 12th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With DD1, I think DH felt the first around 16-17 weeks, but then didn't feel her again for a while, actually, he was sitting in front of me on the floor and I was laying on the couch and DD1 kicked him, so that was a total accident...lol! With DD2, it was like 22 weeks before he was able to catch a kick, but they could be felt before that, she just liked to tease and every time he would put his hand on my belly, she would stop moving...lol! I think it is normal not to feel them until around 20-22 weeks, I don't know why that number sticks in my head.
melissalaw likes this.

August 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think 20 weeks for us too. I was very thin for my first pregnancy, but packed on pounds quickly in the end. I'm heavier now than I was when I brought my son home from the hospital all those years ago. So I guess we won't feel an outside kick until this one is playing soccer.
EverydayJoy and Ame C like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM
LMBO!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search