I officially hate cramps

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a relatively cramp-free pregnancy so far (who am I kidding, it's only been a few weeks, so there's plenty of time left for cramps). I started with a headache yesterday, and this morning a few mild cramps when I tried to choke down breakfast. I still have the headache.

Headaches are always bad news for me. They usually mean a drop in hormones.
Cramps following headaches, well, I don't need to spell it out.

I don't have to tell you all what I'm thinking and going through. You've all been there. Just wondering if I'm going to make it to my first U/S on Thursday.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Leia I wish I could snap my fingers and have it be Thursday. for both of us. I have an ultrasound on Thursday also.

I hate what you are thinking but I know every mother who is pregnant after a loss has thought that way. Just try to hang in there. I know you already know it but cramping is normal in pregnancy. and I have had some terrible headaches during this pregnancy also but my pregnancy seems to be going ok. So hopefully that is the case. are you making sure that your getting plenty of water and staying hydrated? That should help with the headaches.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 12th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Cramps are scary but I agree most of the time they are normal. Keep drinking lots of water and I mean LOTS! I go through 8-10 glasses of water a day otherwise I start not feeling so good. I have also had some pretty gnarly headaches during pregnancy. I read on my pregnancy calendar that it was normal because of hormones shifting around and changing.

Thursday is right around the corner. Hang in there I hope you start feeling more confident in this pregnancy. I know the gloomy thoughts are awful.

August 12th, 2013, 07:01 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I don't drink enough water. That is for sure. 8 - 10 glasses isn't enough for me, I only have 1 kidney after losing my left one to cancer. So I have to drink double. This past weekend I was out in the sun for 10 hours a day and I know I got dehydrated. I'm trying to make up for it, but it's tough.

Working on re-hydrating today...

Thursday seems too far and too close. I almost don't want it to be here. I dread seeing the screen, and seeing that image I saw last February. Oh God, I'm so scared of seeing my worst nightmare. How did you ladies get past that first U/S?!?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going through all of the worry, I hate that we all have to! I don't know how, honestly, I got through that. I would get so nervous before each one, I just kept trying to tell myself that there weren't any reasons for me to fear the worst, but that didn't stop me from thinking other things.

I think dehydration may be the reason for your headaches and your cramping, that can cause both of those! It is hard to drink so much water, but I always kept a jug of it on my desk at work and forced myself to drink from it every few minutes. I knew how much was in that jug and tracked how many jugs I drank. As long as I was at work, it was easy, but once I got home, I really had to make sure i had that bottle of water with me. Remembering when you are pregnant is not easy either, lol!

I hope the time flies and you feel better about the u/s come Thursday!

August 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm So sorry you're feeling this way. I have to add about the water as well, as soon as I took this advice my cramping subsided quite a bit.

I wish I could advise you how to make time go by or how to relax. It's so difficult.

So I'll just offer ((hugs)) instead.
August 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're in the middle of this anxious time. I sure hated the first trimester with my pregnancy with Kody (my rainbow). The first u/s is awful, when you're just praying you'll hear a heartbeat. I was so anxious I was sick. It helps if you have someone who loves you to be with you for that one for sure.
I second/third the dehydration thought, it can cause both cramping and bad headaches. Especially if you were out in the sun and not getting enough to drink. I don't think anyone can say anything that will make you feel better, but just that we know how you're feeling and have been there, too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search